Bug: speed decreased after boosting strength while overburdened.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cofresi
    Apprentice
    • Nov 2009

Bug: speed decreased after boosting strength while overburdened.

I ran into this bug today.

I'm currently overburdened at 111% weight capacity (199.8 lb at str 140) and have a base speed of +23 without haste self. I swapped Amras (the one the deathmold disenchanted ...) with Umbar. Str is boosted to 160, same burden of 111% but my speed decreased to +22 ? This is highly unusual. swapping back to amras brings it back to +23.

Edit:
    * ack, my bad * forgot about the +1 speed boost from Amras. This is not a bug.
    Last edited by cofresi; November 24, 2009, 02:15. Reason: Not a bug. my bad.
    He once had an awkward moment with a Morgoth, just to see what it felt like. Should he ever be cut, rubies would spill from his veins.

He is: the most Interesting @ in the world.
  • Nightmarjoo
    Adept
    • May 2007

Well, we can make this a discussion about whether or not later str increases should help your burden or not, seems to me that an increase in str should help your burden, I don't see why this should cap out unless your str is 18/*** before and after the change.
    My first winner! http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=9326 Link, the Kobold Warrior!

My second winner! http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=9369 Cailet, the Hobbit Mage!

Damned be those who use High Elves, for they are the race of the weak!

Comment

• Marble Dice
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Nightmarjoo
      Well, we can make this a discussion about whether or not later str increases should help your burden or not, seems to me that an increase in str should help your burden, I don't see why this should cap out unless your str is 18/*** before and after the change.
      This is indeed what happens if you equip additional strength while burdened.

Comment

• PowerDiver
        Prophet
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Marble Dice
        This is indeed what happens if you equip additional strength while burdened.
        except that for burden purposes STR is capped at 18/50.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎