X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhegler
    Swordsman
    • Sep 2009

The Tarrasque

Who created a lizard that is quite possibly the toughest character to defeat in this game that I have found through level 85? Is there any secret to beating him? Or, any better, is there any better way to get disenchantment resistance than simply wielding one item that has it? He'd hit me from 850 HP to 33 at one point (I think). Ridiculous. Luckily I had seeker bolts that he did not resist, otherwise I might have had to mana storm him while dancing around.

On a side note, it *appears* that monsters with the tough breath/balls (stop laughing) tend to breath less while in the square right next to you. Is that true?
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by dhegler
    Is there any secret to beating him?
    Having Narya and Nenya really helps.

Or, any better, is there any better way to get disenchantment resistance than simply wielding one item that has it?
    Nope, that's it.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• dhegler
      Swordsman
      • Sep 2009

Didn't have either... Just prayed he'd attack rather than breathe...

Comment

• fizzix
        Prophet
        • Aug 2009

he breathes a lot. If you can't get double resist it's not worth it. If I find ammo of slay animal I'll use it on the tarrasque or huan, caracaroth. Otherwise I don't bother with it.

Comment

• dhegler
          Swordsman
          • Sep 2009

I was able to get him with some luck and single resist. How do I get double resist on disenchantment, or did you just mean flame and frost?

Comment

• fizzix
            Prophet
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by dhegler
            I was able to get him with some luck and single resist. How do I get double resist on disenchantment, or did you just mean flame and frost?
            You can only get double resist on Acid, Elec, Fire, Cold and Pois.

However, the damage from those tend to be a lot higher than anything else.

Comment

• dhegler
              Swordsman
              • Sep 2009

Good enough, I pretty much walk around with haste self, resistance and shield all casted at the same time... I'm on dlvl 87 now... If anyone would like to critique my character, I'd appreciate it... Named "Mage". Level 50 High-elf. I know, so creative........

Comment

• Bagplant
                Scout
                • Sep 2009

He is nasty, and a common cause of death for advanced characters. He can instakill players who are at less than +20 speed (this has happened to me before).

He's a bit of a one trick pony though, and can be killed fairly reliably with suitable preparation and consumables. This is worth doing, simply because the deep dungeon is a much safer place with him dead.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎