X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PowerDiver
    Prophet
    • Mar 2008

gaining priest spells

For those of you new to priests, particularly people trying the comp, I have suggestions
    about when to gain prayers.

For starters, gain what you can at CL1 and 2. Three of the four CL 1 spells are great.

Then wait until CL 5, and gain from book 2 until you learn Portal and then stop.

Then wait until CL 7, and gain from book 2 until hopefully you learn Remove Curse. At this point, if you have any more spells to learn, use them up from either book depending upon what you think you want.

Then wait until CL 9, and gain from book 3 until you learn Orb. Once you have Orb, go back and gain from books 1 and 2 until you get all the spells you want, and finally go back to learning from book 3.
  • Sirridan
    Knight
    • May 2009

Originally posted by PowerDiver
    For those of you new to priests, particularly people trying the comp, I have suggestions
    about when to gain prayers.

For starters, gain what you can at CL1 and 2. Three of the four CL 1 spells are great.

Then wait until CL 5, and gain from book 2 until you learn Portal and then stop.

Then wait until CL 7, and gain from book 2 until hopefully you learn Remove Curse. At this point, if you have any more spells to learn, use them up from either book depending upon what you think you want.

Then wait until CL 9, and gain from book 3 until you learn Orb. Once you have Orb, go back and gain from books 1 and 2 until you get all the spells you want, and finally go back to learning from book 3.
    What would be the optimal wisdom for a starting priest? Just max it out with 12 full points or is there some minimum number you'd need so you can focus on some other stats?

Seeing your old character dumps and such, I think you would be the one to ask.

Comment

• Ghen
      Apprentice
      • Jun 2007

I go with 17/18 on a starting priest. That seems good enough to get going.

Comment

• PowerDiver
        Prophet
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Sirridan
        What would be the optimal wisdom for a starting priest? Just max it out with 12 full points or is there some minimum number you'd need so you can focus on some other stats?
        Now that stat potions are so rare, I've been using 16 [6 points] in all of Str/Wis/Dex/Con. Efficient priests have to melee, so the mid game really lags if you don't start with reasonable dex.

If you want to play with little melee, I'd go with equal Str/Wis/Con. Str is most important early, Wis is most important in the middle, and Con is most important late. That makes it hard to choose one over the others.

One thing to keep in mind is that WIS gets a little more boost than the others over the course of the game, on average, because of potions of *enlightenment.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if my priest gets particularly unlucky learning spells, I end up dying early and just move on to the next. That's not fun for everybody.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎