• Show
Clear All
  • ctate
    Rookie
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Daven_26d1
    You'll hear this a lot:

"its not a bug, its a feature"

The terminal requires you to press escape twice in sequence to send a single escape press to the running program. So nothing to do with angband; either put up with it or change configuration.
    I am perfectly willing to believe that Ubuntu's Terminal is interfering with the ESC key. There's evidence that it's not a universal behavior, though -- vi and less running in the same Terminal window respond in a timely way to a single press of ESC. Isn't this proof positive that there's something that apps can do to get sensical behavior w.r.t. the ESC key?

(Probably something involving termios raw mode, now that I think of it. Yuck.)

--
    ctate / Magaera
    Last edited by ctate; July 24, 2007, 18:41.

Comment

• aricz
      Rookie
      • Apr 2007

Linux, virtual console.. the fun;p

After some tweaking in virtual console I've finally managed to get V3.0.6 to have correct colors (same as MS-DOS) and the blockchars (not the '#') which is in MS-DOS too. Think I read somewhere on this forum it wasn't possible to do in linux virtual console.It is. MuhahahAHAHAHAHA

But, it's a pain in the arse to get angband up'n'working for console using ncurses. Especially when you're a newbie like me. I remember Takkaria told me he used debian 4.0. Well, I installed the distro, but it was EXACTLY the same problem as with the virtual console in ubuntu. The colours are WRONG. So I'm still puzzled out because a few people tell me they run V angband in virtual console with non, zzzzzero problems with the colours. I have to use a little "hack" released with the newest version of gumband, which involes the use of TERM=linux-c-nc..

And for using the blockchars which we're familiar from the days of MS-DOS, they involve some steps I don't understand at all. With a bit of luck I managed to get it work. It has to do with "CODEPAGE 437", which is the extended ascii-set MS-DOS uses, which, *drumroll* has the oh so lovely blocks (you know, the WALLS).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the compiling, maybe I'm overlooking something. I don't know, is it only me who've had problems setting up V angband in virtual console (using NCurses) ?

Oh, Virtual console, virtual console, virtual console. I feel it hasn't been said enough;p virtual console = ctrl+alt+f1-f12. Textmode.

Comment

• Faust
        Adept
        • Apr 2007

Just found the Phial. it says (0 turns) then after a while it says you light is growing faint, your light has gone out even though it's still lit.

Comment

• takkaria
          Veteran
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Faust
          Just found the Phial. it says (0 turns) then after a while it says you light is growing faint, your light has gone out even though it's still lit.
          Odd. I didn't get that when I found the phial, though that's possibly because I've not been playing 3.0.8... Thanks.
          takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• ctate
            Rookie
            • Jul 2007

I heard that if you refuel it with oil, it explodes like a Staff of *Destruction*.

--
            ctate

Comment

• Faust
              Adept
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
              Odd. I didn't get that when I found the phial, though that's possibly because I've not been playing 3.0.8... Thanks.
              playing with randarts, not sure if that makes a difference.

Comment

• Faust
                Adept
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
                Found the pattern, it happens every time I activate it.

Comment

• takkaria
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2007

Could you please email me a savefile which shows this problem to the bugs address (shown on the splashscreen)? Thanks.

EDIT: Don't. We have it, the fix will be in 3.0.9.
                  Last edited by takkaria; July 28, 2007, 03:18.
                  takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍