X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    Adept
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
    I really wish not finding crap by level 8 wasn't a bug.
    I could just leave them hidden, but that would be cheating.

Comment

• takkaria
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007

Buglist for 3.0.8: http://tinyurl.com/yr3n6u

Please check there before reporting anything new. 3.0.8fix will be out in a week or two, and will fix these bugs. If anything more dangerous shows up before then, the release will come earlier. As it is, all the bugs seem fairly benign.
      takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Lipa
        Rookie
        • Jul 2007

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I noticed that each time I find an artifact, the name of the artifact gets listed in the Knowledge menu immediately, without identifying the object first.

For example, I found a special Dagger, and then immediately checked the Artifact Knowledge, where a new entry had appeared: The Dagger 'Narthanc'. But I hadn't identified it yet...

Otherwise I'm truly enjoying this new version! Great work!

Comment

• aricz
          Rookie
          • Apr 2007

Hola. After been tweaking some to get the correct colors using NCurses (with angband 3.0.6 and angband 3.0.7s3) they're messed up in angband 3.0.8 final. So, what happened between 3.0.7s3 and 3.0.8 final? color 8 is blinking red, most of the first colors 0,1,2 are all black etc etc..

Comment

• SocietalEclipse
            Rookie
            • Jul 2007

The General Store is not buying anything from me. I'm having to sell unidentified mushrooms to the black market for 1AU. Good thing they've only been bad ones so far. 3.0.8 Final-windows on a brand new character.

Comment

• Nolendil
              Adept
              • May 2007

Originally posted by SocietalEclipse
              The General Store is not buying anything from me.
              I think it's done on purpose. Check the list of changes from 3.0.6.
              A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
              A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
              C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

• Hugo
                Scout
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ghen
                3.0.8, new character
                First thing I did was setup squelching options.. Unfortunately stuff is being inscribed (squelch) without being identified.

Also, since it was labeled (squelch) I decided to read it anyway.. turned out to be a scroll of blindness. When I could see again though, the room wasn't lit anymore
                Are you sure it was a Scroll of Blindness? From what you describe, it sounds more like a Scroll of Darkness, which has this effect:

Darkens an area with a radius of 3 squares around you and blinds you
                for 3+1d5 turns, unless you have resistance to blindness. If you
                are in a room, it darkens the entire room as well.
                Best, Hugo

--
                Angband spoilers - now updated for Angband 3.0.8 !!!!!
                Visit http://www.juti.nl/hugo/Angband/Spoiler/index.htm
                --

Comment

• SocietalEclipse
                  Rookie
                  • Jul 2007

I missed that line. I wish I could sell all these lanterns I'm finding instead of just using them as a free 1/2 flask of oil.

What does:
                  Move back to pre-3.0.6 panel changing behaviour.

...mean?

I played 3.0.6 very little.

Comment

• Hugo
                    Scout
                    • Apr 2007

>What does:
                    >Move back to pre-3.0.6 panel changing behaviour.
                    >
                    >...mean?

In 3.0.6, Robert Ruehlmann changed the algorithm for when and how the panel changes. Many people were unhapppy with the changes. They have now been undone.

I've never checked the difrferences myself, as I always play with a bug screen and with always_center on.
                    Best, Hugo

--
                    Angband spoilers - now updated for Angband 3.0.8 !!!!!
                    Visit http://www.juti.nl/hugo/Angband/Spoiler/index.htm
                    --

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                      Adept
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by SocietalEclipse
                      The General Store is not buying anything from me. I'm having to sell unidentified mushrooms to the black market for 1AU. Good thing they've only been bad ones so far. 3.0.8 Final-windows on a brand new character.
                      I've noticed this too; also (possibly related?) when I walk into the general store, I have to press '5' to enter - but there is a noticable flicker, as if the shop inventory is being displayed and instantly escaped. There is no flicker when pressing 'd' inside the shop however.

Best of luck ironing out the creases in the new build.

Edit - SuSE linux 10.1 compiled from source.
                      You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
                      The shopkeeper howls in agony!
                      You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

• takkaria
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Daven_26d1
                        I've noticed this too; also (possibly related?) when I walk into the general store, I have to press '5' to enter - but there is a noticable flicker, as if the shop inventory is being displayed and instantly escaped. There is no flicker when pressing 'd' inside the shop however.
                        Ta. Got this one reported by a number of people now.
                        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                          Adept
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Faust
                          Torches can be fueled to 6000 turns but the (I) description says they can only be fueled to 5000 turns.
                          Also requiring updating in that desc. is the light radius, which is claimed as 1 but is actually 2 (when not running low).

Adding in that dimming code from Steamband et al was a good thing, BTW.

Comment

• SocietalEclipse
                            Rookie
                            • Jul 2007

In the Ego Item Knowledge entries like Digger of Digging display "It decreases your tunneling by 0", weapon Defender - "It decreases your stealth by 0.", and so on. "It increases your _____ by [x]." or something like that would be more correct for these that are always positive.

Meanwhile the Object Knowledge entries for say Ring of Searching display "A Ring of Searching (+0) : This item has not been identified." Here it should mention the possibility of negative or positive bonuses in the same format. "It increases or decreases your _____ by [x]."

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                              Adept
                              • Jun 2007

Okay, have a few more...

Torches:-
                              You might want to check the descriptions for the ego lights also, eg torch of brightness - that one looks wrong to me.

Shops:-
                              The game always reports the number of items bought, regardless of the actual number in inventory; e.g: -
                              "You bought 2 !CCW. You have 2 !CCW."
                              even If you already had some !CCW in your inventory before purchase.

{ line 1926 in store.c is the culprit, the same unaltered string is used for both descriptions (o_name). I didn't provide a fix due to lack of familiarity with the conventions in the source. }

Knowledge Menu:-
                              When browsing this menu, although cursor up/down work fine, when using numpad 2/8 you can move up past option #2 (artifacts) but not down past it. I can only assume this is occurring only while the option is greyed out; have been unable to confirm as I haven't found an artifact yet
                              Last edited by Daven_26d1; July 13, 2007, 10:55.

Comment

• Ghen
                                Apprentice
                                • Jun 2007

Yeah, you're right hugo.. Scroll of blindness just felt wierd when I typed it

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎