X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeoWizard
    Adept
    • Dec 2008

Suggestions for my next char?

I have been playing exclusively playing [V] since 3.0.3, and a bit of NPP.

I have also been playing only mages, I tried priest maybe once, and only warrior since competion 62. Now I want to try a new class. I have two in mind but I would like to have your suggestions. So, I'm torn between the Ranger and the Rogue. Which one will win your favor?

Thank you!

Edit: forgot to mention that it's for 3.1.1 r1122
    NeoWizard
    -. . --- .-- .. --.. .- .-. -..

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Olny 55% of plepoe can. mtat
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Why not try the competition character? It's a Kobold Rogue, which is a fun combo, sort of the purist Rogue. (Starts with Superb stealth, has adequate but not great fighting, and advances very fast.)

Comment

• NeoWizard
      Adept
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Pete Mack
      Why not try the competition character?
      You know what, that is a great idea. But i'm still open for suggestions!
      NeoWizard
      -. . --- .-- .. --.. .- .-. -..

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Olny 55% of plepoe can. mtat

Comment

• PowerDiver
        Prophet
        • Mar 2008

Would you rather shoot or hack Morgoth? Missiles are overpowered, so you cannot help a lot of shooting along the way, but you can pick your final fight.

Rangers are also more powerful because they get the ammo branding spell a lot earlier. However, weak pseudo used to be too annoying to deal with. Now that you have to id nearly everything in 3.1 maybe that doesn't matter so much any more.

In either case, consider a half-troll starting with 18/50 STR. Then you can start with 3 melee blows with a light weapon, and do not have to worry about losing blows to stat drain attacks. Even so, a half-troll is harder to keep alive in the middle, but con is far more important than dex at the end.

Comment

• Greyhame
          Rookie
          • Jan 2009

try High Elf Rogue--

gets elven advantages, a lot of mage abilities, and the ability to identify weapons that comes to rogues/warriors/paladins

allows ability to fight well early on and make transition to magic as well as fighting at harder levels

Comment

• Larvitz
            Adept
            • Dec 2008

Oooh... Kobold Rogues... how... delightful...
            I is the Larva. <3

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍