X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vorondil
    Apprentice
    • Dec 2008

3.1.0 beta - minor bug? - green lit floor tiles in prelit rooms

Playing 3.1.0 beta on XP home. Occasionally when rendering prelit rooms, some lit spaces are rendered green instead of white.

In some ways, they're just like empty spaces in any prelit room, except colored green. They do, however, cause the DTRAP indicator at the bottom of the screen to turn off and on again when you cross them.
    Last edited by vorondil; January 8, 2009, 17:54.
    Now playing Abasorix, half-troll warrior in V-4.0.5.
  • Phoenix21692
    Rookie
    • Aug 2007

I noticed the same thing within minutes of playing Vanilla 3.1.0 beta. I think those green tiles are intended as part of the boundaries to the area of Trap Detection. They appear after you read a scroll of trap detection (or using a rod or staff that does the same). When you step outside of the green tile, you are outside of the boundaries, and thus outside the range of trap detection. I think that's the purpose of the green tiles and they seem to be a new feature of Vanilla 3.1.0. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• CunningGabe
      Swordsman
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix21692
      I noticed the same thing within minutes of playing Vanilla 3.1.0 beta. I think those green tiles are intended as part of the boundaries to the area of Trap Detection. They appear after you read a scroll of trap detection (or using a rod or staff that does the same). When you step outside of the green tile, you are outside of the boundaries, and thus outside the range of trap detection. I think that's the purpose of the green tiles and they seem to be a new feature of Vanilla 3.1.0. Correct me if I'm wrong.
      That's correct.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍