X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sparrow the Dunadan
    Adept
    • Mar 2019

Item Description Error

There is a description error for either this specific flail, or else all flails.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Flail item desc error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	234476

I have included an attachment so you can look at the specific text it gives. But in short it gives a description of a nun-chuck, not a flail.
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

The flail description is probably chosen to distinguish it from morning star and ball-and-chain - so it's more an agricultural flail than a military one.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Grotug
      Veteran
      • Nov 2013

I don't know about others, but I cannot make anything out of that image you attached. It's completely pixelated and illegible.
      Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
        Adept
        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Nick
        The flail description is probably chosen to distinguish it from morning star and ball-and-chain - so it's more an agricultural flail than a military one.
        Then that's still an easy fix.

You could have it say- "A long wooden shaft connected to a shorter heavy wooden bar by a short chain."

Because current desc. seems to indicate that the two bars of wood are of the same length/weight.

From what I've looked up the peasant flail is like a half staff attached to a chain or two to a thicker, shorter club-like piece of wood.
        Last edited by Sparrow the Dunadan; February 7, 2023, 12:06.

Comment

• Sparrow the Dunadan
          Adept
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Grotug
          I don't know about others, but I cannot make anything out of that image you attached. It's completely pixelated and illegible.
          Weird. Sending images seems to always be an issue.

-Tries again-
          Attached Files

Comment

• smbhax
            Swordsman
            • Oct 2021

Yeah the forum reduces attached images to that tiny size, it's basically useless.
            My Angband videos

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍