X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robinjohnson
    Scout
    • Oct 2021

Bug: you can close the door you're standing in

In 4.2.4 for windows, if you stand on an open door, not adjacent to any other open doors, and type 'c' for close, then click your own square, the door is closed (you can see this once you move off it). I haven't checked whether this makes you immune from ranged attacks...

(Relatedly, is there a keyboardful way to select the square you're standing in, e.g. to disarm a chest in your own square while adjacent to a trap? None of '.', '5', '0' or Enter seem to work.)
  • backwardsEric
    Knight
    • Aug 2019

Originally posted by robinjohnson
    (Relatedly, is there a keyboardful way to select the square you're standing in, e.g. to disarm a chest in your own square while adjacent to a trap? None of '.', '5', '0' or Enter seem to work.)
    '5' worked for me in a quick test (Mac version; find trap and then use debugging commands to create a chest next to it; '5' was from the main keyboard and not from the numeric keypad). I'll try the Windows version under Wine but can't readily test it natively or whether using the numeric keypad makes a difference.

Comment

• robinjohnson
      Scout
      • Oct 2021

Originally posted by backwardsEric
      I'll try the Windows version under Wine but can't readily test it natively or whether using the numeric keypad makes a difference.
      I'm using a laptop with no numeric keypad, and the roguelike keyset.

Comment

• backwardsEric
        Knight
        • Aug 2019

I'm using a laptop with no numeric keypad, and the roguelike keyset.
        '5' also worked for me to disarm a chest next to a trap with the Windows front end running under Wine (tried with both the original and roguelike keysets; this was on a laptop without a numeric keypad). When you saw it, was the chest only locked and not trapped? In that case, the disarm command won't act on the chest.

Comment

• robinjohnson
          Scout
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by backwardsEric
          '5' also worked for me to disarm a chest next to a trap with the Windows front end running under Wine (tried with both the original and roguelike keysets; this was on a laptop without a numeric keypad). When you saw it, was the chest only locked and not trapped? In that case, the disarm command won't act on the chest.
          No, it comes up often enough to be annoying. I can disarm it with click, or by stepping off and giving a direction, so it's definitely with trapped chests. Did you try it with the roguelike keyset?

Comment

• backwardsEric
            Knight
            • Aug 2019

No, it comes up often enough to be annoying. I can disarm it with click, or by stepping off and giving a direction, so it's definitely with trapped chests. Did you try it with the roguelike keyset?
            Yes, '5' works for me with the roguelike keyset . Besides the factor that my test was with Wine on Linux, do you, by chance, have a keymap that's interfering with the default roguelike keymap for '5' or an unusual (non-qwerty U.S. or U.K.) keyboard layout?

Comment

• robinjohnson
              Scout
              • Oct 2021

Ordinary UK keyboard. I'll try to remember to try to replicate it next time it comes up.

Comment

• robinjohnson
                Scout
                • Oct 2021

It's definitely happening, this time with 'o'pen after successfully disarming a trapped chest diagonally adjacent to an open door. The 5 key (the normal 5 key, there's no numpad on this laptop) does nothing. Savefile attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

• malcontent
                  Adept
                  • Jul 2019

It's definitely happening, this time with 'o'pen after successfully disarming a trapped chest diagonally adjacent to an open door. The 5 key (the normal 5 key, there's no numpad on this laptop) does nothing. Savefile attached.
                  I have run into similar problems using the roguelike keyset. I can't recall if it is both with disarming and opening - but if there is a door next to the chest I cannot use the "." key to select the chest in my space.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎