X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Hounded-
    That swap of horde/hoard *really* through me for a loop! I was expecting tactics for fighting trolls.

Comment

• Hounded
      Adept
      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Pete Mack
      Hounded-
      That swap of horde/hoard *really* through me for a loop! I was expecting tactics for fighting trolls.
      LOL Blasted android assistant. Made all the more entertaining for my own obsessive tendencies around the use of the language. Irony is beautiful.
      It Breathes. You die.

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

D'oh! And in the same message, i misspelled threw!

Comment

• Bogatyr
          Knight
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Hounded
          I'd have to say Blackguard is arguably my favorite class now. With mana you need to get out of the "horde it for when I need it" mindset and instead use it as soon as it's available. I conduct myself in what feels like a perpetual headlong rush from one victim to the next before my mana all converts to HP.

Summoning curses can actually be nice for them as an occasional skeleton (or whatever) popping up is a nice mana boost if you're down to nothing. Rings of open wounds or anything with aggravation also complement the class nicely.
          I finally got a (Dwarf, pretty good race for a BG) blackguard off the ground. It would help if there were some sort of "mechanics FAQ" for all the classes. E.g., I wasn't aware previously that a BG casting heals some HP.

Blackguard is definitely fun and a big change from my usual style of super-stealthy pick-n-choose-fights low-HP mages.

p.s. Hold Monster has a whole new meaning with BG: "Where you going, buddy?! Hahaha!"
          Last edited by Bogatyr; January 4, 2022, 07:29.

Comment

• sffp
            Swordsman
            • Apr 2020

Make sure you stun a lot
            It is your friend.
            I was having trouble with Morgoth as a BG - until I realized that stun worked on him too!

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

What sffp said. Also, use aggro spell pretty much all the time after DL ~40, or whenever monsters are liable to do more damage with spells than melee. Combined with stun, the monster is helpless.

Comment

• Bogatyr
                Knight
                • Feb 2014

What sffp said. Also, use aggro spell pretty much all the time after DL ~40, or whenever monsters are liable to do more damage with spells than melee. Combined with stun, the monster is helpless.
                You mean "Relentless Taunting?"
                I like that BG gets multiple swings with very heavy weapons from the various attack rituals.

Comment

• Hounded
                  Adept
                  • Jan 2019

Maim Foe for the stunning then Leap or Whirlwind for damage and HP regen. Repeat as needed.
                  It Breathes. You die.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Bogatyr--yes. It has the same effect as aggro without waking monsters up. It is crazy powerful vs spellcasters.

Comment

• malcontent
                      Adept
                      • Jul 2019

Bogatyr--yes. It has the same effect as aggro without waking monsters up. It is crazy powerful vs spellcasters.
                      My understanding is that normal aggro does not inhibit monsters from ranged attacks - that is a unique advantage to Relentless Taunting.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎