• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jesmaysan
    Rookie
    • Nov 2021

mac Big Sur 11.5.2. issues

Hi all,

I have downloaded the last version of angband for mac, during installation I assumed I should copy the .app file in the apps folder as there is no instructions that I was able to find.

Now when I try to execute the app it fails because mac OS fails to recognise the developer for the app, this is regular security behaviour in the mac OS but when I try the also regular solutions, find app file infinder, hold option, select open from right mouse button menu, etc or click on the "open anyway" under security system settings, the same error about unknown developer is displayed.

Did I fail on my installation procedure?
    Someone is also facing this issue?
    Someone knows how to fix it and be able to execute the app?

Best regards,
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Can you do it by execution from a terminal window?

Comment

• backwardsEric
      Knight
      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by jesmaysan
      I have downloaded the last version of angband for mac, during installation I assumed I should copy the .app file in the apps folder as there is no instructions that I was able to find.

Now when I try to execute the app it fails because mac OS fails to recognise the developer for the app, this is regular security behaviour in the mac OS but when I try the also regular solutions, find app file infinder, hold option, select open from right mouse button menu, etc or click on the "open anyway" under security system settings, the same error about unknown developer is displayed.

Did I fail on my installation procedure?
      Someone is also facing this issue?
      Someone knows how to fix it and be able to execute the app?
      Your installation procedure is fine. You did not have to copy it to the Applications folder (it would work just as well if it was copied to the Desktop for instance), but if that's convenient for you, it doesn't hurt.

The application has not been signed so macOS will complain about it being from an unknown developer. The standard workaround you used should have worked:
      1. Control click on the application.
      2. Select "Open" in the menu that appears.
      3. In the dialog that appears warning about the hazards of using an unsigned application, select "Open".

Pete's suggestion of running from the terminal unfortunately doesn't bypass the check macOS performs; it would work (but so would double clicking on the application) once the exception has been made for the application using the standard workaround.
      Last edited by backwardsEric; November 11, 2021, 17:38. Reason: Added bit about Pete Mack's suggestion

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎