DL gaps/pitfalls/hard to know thresholds?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ewert
    Knight
    • Jul 2009

DL gaps/pitfalls/hard to know thresholds?

Hi guys, again, been a long while. Almost forgot my password, but managed to find it on the next set of 5 tries.

Really enjoying the new stuff. Still no unlimited home option... luckily that is just a notepad edit away to change max size. To fix graphics issue, if someone wants to make it an official option, maybe tie it to removing letters in home if using it, so you avoid those weirdo characters.

Just had an oopsie death from dual breaths from chaos/disenchant wyrms on a 4 immune almost all resist 3.6x base speed character with a x5 fire branding crossbow ... sniff. Oh well.

Okay, that long hello done with, here is the actual meat of the question:

I happened to notice a mention about randart lights being 'limited' to dropping in statgain territory DLs. Was that just a mention of other things become common, or are there actual hard gaps in things, especially artefacts/high egos/good potions dropping? As in, are there things that actually have a max DL drops at setting in them?

Especially things that can be good?

Cheers
  • Sky
    Veteran
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by ewert
    ... That is just a notepad edit away to change max size.
    explain ! Explain !! Explaain !!!
    "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Rikter
      Rookie
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Sky
      explain ! Explain !! Explaain !!!
      You can make lots of changes by going into the lib/gamedata folder of your file directory. The fields are somewhat well documented but this is in the constants file. Setting it too high might make it a little weird and buggy though yet I haven't tested that yet.

Also to answer the question with my limited understanding every item has a depth where it can generate without having to be out of depth however sometimes you can find things out of depth. For example my winning Rogue got incredibly lucky and found a set of Power Dragon Armor on floor 80 something but in the files it's listed as having a depth of 100. By the same notion sometimes you can see enemies out of depth. Once I saw the Mouth of Sauron in a vault on D:35 and he's native to floor 65 I think.
      Last edited by Rikter; June 13, 2021, 11:56.

Comment

• ewert
        Knight
        • Jul 2009

lib/gamedata/constants.txt

#---------------------------------------------------------------------
        # Store Parameters

# Maximum number of discrete objects in store inventory
        store:inven-max:254

Voila, 254 spots open for home Doesn't change shops as their item limits that spawn are set elsewhere.

Comment

• will_asher
          DaJAngband Maintainer
          • Apr 2007

lib/gamedata/constants.txt

# Store Parameters

# Maximum number of discrete objects in store inventory
          store:inven-max:254

Voila, 254 spots open for home Doesn't change shops as their item limits that spawn are set elsewhere.
          How many of them would you actually be able to see in the list?
          Will_Asher
          aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
          http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• ewert
            Knight
            • Jul 2009

It will just scroll down (or you can jump to bottom by going up from top). Mostly you will need to use up/down arrows to pick your item, as the character used to select them will be all wonky stuff like even some graphical ones that don't show up proper. But it has not crashed for me ever, I don't think I ever really go much above 50, and that is only when my OCD hits peak levels and I absolutely must save every artifact found even if they are cursed and worse than useless.

Comment

• will_asher
              DaJAngband Maintainer
              • Apr 2007

It will just scroll down (or you can jump to bottom by going up from top). Mostly you will need to use up/down arrows to pick your item, as the character used to select them will be all wonky stuff like even some graphical ones that don't show up proper. But it has not crashed for me ever, I don't think I ever really go much above 50, and that is only when my OCD hits peak levels and I absolutely must save every artifact found even if they are cursed and worse than useless.
              good to know. maybe I'll try that.
              Will_Asher
              aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
              http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎