X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by archolewa
    This I would totally be down with. That or just giving them a better blows table. They are a hybrid class, I feel like they should be better at melee. I think you could give them the same blows table as the paladin without losing anything. A paladins healing still means they are better in melee than a Ranger. But this way Rangers actually have some means of offense wothout having to recall to buy more arrows every other floor. Or give them a table that is generous early, but much more stingy later. So by the midgame they are lagging hard behind warriors in melee, but in the early game they arent a priest without any healing spells.
    Their melee is better than it used to be, and they also have good stealth. So they're meant to be more like a rogue than anything else, really.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Julian
      Adept
      • Apr 2021

This I would totally be down with. That or just giving them a better blows table. They are a hybrid class, I feel like they should be better at melee. I think you could give them the same blows table as the paladin without losing anything. A paladins healing still means they are better in melee than a Ranger. But this way Rangers actually have some means of offense wothout having to recall to buy more arrows every other floor. Or give them a table that is generous early, but much more stingy later. So by the midgame they are lagging hard behind warriors in melee, but in the early game they arent a priest without any healing spells.
      The blows calculation doesn’t work like that. Except by capping the maximum number of blows, you can’t make a class get extra blows early and not still be good later.

Comment

• archolewa
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Nick
        Their melee is better than it used to be, and they also have good stealth. So they're meant to be more like a rogue than anything else, really.
        I just experimented a bit, and it looks like they can hit 2 blows per round to start (at least a Dunadan), however you have to tweak the default point buy a bit. I was under the mistaken impression that you couldnt hit 2 blows. Ill have to try again some time, and see if starting with 2 blows changes my opinion any.

Comment

• Sky
          Veteran
          • Oct 2016

I still havent won with a mage.

Regardless, congratulations! That first win is something special.
          this is what you do to win with mage.

Get a mage to DL35/40.
          Pump him full of stat potions.
          2x rings of Escaping
          stash all the !Enlight and ?DD you find.

when you get to CL35 circa (10% TO fail or lower) read all the scrolls of DD you have and get to DL96+, find stairs and keep scumming until you get a LF 8.

use !Enlightment and look for a Kelek's. Teleport away everything that stands between you and Keleks.

Learn banish. Banish everything and pick up gear.
          Drink potions of !Exp

Once you are CL50 find morgoth and mana storm him into nothingness.
          "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• SonicSpeedBryce
            Rookie
            • May 2021

Originally posted by Sky
            this is what you do to win with mage.

Get a mage to DL35/40.
            Pump him full of stat potions.
            2x rings of Escaping
            stash all the !Enlight and ?DD you find.

when you get to CL35 circa (10% TO fail or lower) read all the scrolls of DD you have and get to DL96+, find stairs and keep scumming until you get a LF 8.

use !Enlightment and look for a Kelek's. Teleport away everything that stands between you and Keleks.

Learn banish. Banish everything and pick up gear.
            Drink potions of !Exp

Once you are CL50 find morgoth and mana storm him into nothingness.
            That sounds like a cool speedrunning/powerdiving strategy! My playthrough was much less interesting, though. I made decent progress through the dungeon until I hit points that I felt I needed better gear/certain resists in order to survive, say, a surprise capped poison breath. Reveal Monsters/Detection and Teleport Other helped to mitigate such risks, but I still didn't want to take any chances.

When I got Wizard's Tome of Power, I just started spamming Banishment and Mass Banishment to get rid of the non-uniques that I didn't want to deal with, and only engaged Uniques that I felt I could take on. At DL97 and DL98, I just started grinding those, getting experience and extra consumables along the way, hoping to find an artifact that had all resists on it (namely Bladeturner) so that I could resist anything that Morgoth could throw at me.

I never found Bladeturner, but I did find The One Ring, which was close enough for my purposes. After tens of thousands of turns later of searching and a near death experience with some dragon that nearly one shot me, I finally decided to just face Sauron and Morgoth. In retrospect, they were surprisingly easy. The gear I used covered resists nicely while supplying the status protections I cared about. The summons were no issue because of the whole Banishment/Mass Banishment thing, as well as the fact that I offed all the other uniques beforehand.

I think, in the future, I'll play another High-Elf Mage and see how well the powerdiving strategy works.

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Hanging at DL 40 Atil CL 35 isn't exactly powerdiving. Without (e.g.) midgame U to pick off, it'll take a looong time.

Comment

• archolewa
                Swordsman
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Sky
                this is what you do to win with a mage.
                I have gotten to the endgame with a mage, before getting offed by Wiruin, but honestly I just dont enjoy the class much. I find scumming to be boring, and that seems to be what mages are good at, and I dont like being within one-shot range of everything all the time. Mass Banishing a vault is fun the first time, but gets old the seventh.

Generally, when a mage detects, they look for monsters they can kill, and avoid everything else. I prefer to play classes where you use detect to find monsters to avoid, and can kill everything else (whether you do or not is up to you).

Comment

• DavidMedley
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2019

Mostly, Im annoyed that the class that seems like it should be the *least* dependent on the town is in fact the *most* dependent.
                  This is an interesting point
                  Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• DavidMedley
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by will_asher
                    Maybe it'd be good if Rangers had two make arrows spells. The high level one they have now, and a low level one which only makes average arrows.
                    This is an interesting suggestion. Giving it about 3 minutes of thought, here's a half-baked idea:

Create an object called "arrow heads." When arrows break they (usually?) leave behind arrow heads. Also, you can find them like normal low-level items. For most characters they are useless except to be sold cheaply in town, if selling is on, and can be immediately ignored. Rangers would have a very low-level spell called Fletchery which turns arrow heads into arrows. Could sell arrow heads in the general store as well, maybe.

Gets a bit more complex when you start thinking about Mithril arrows and magic arrows...
                    Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Pete Mack
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

Arrows shatter against plate mail or a steel cuirass, and the heads are usually ruined as well. (See vid I posted recently.) Presumably they shatter against dragon scales and the like, too. It's worth noting that all useful arrows in warfare were bodkin. While broadhead do more damage, they won't penetrate any metal armor and were used mostly for hunting, as are their modern versions today.

Speaking of hunting, there's one greatly feared animal from Medieval Europe that really needs to be in angband: the wild boar. They have a high AC, are fast, and come in packs.
                      The boar savages you <2x>
                      The boar tramples you <2x>
                      The sow bites you <2x>
                      The sow tramples you <2x>
                      You die

Comment

• Thraalbee
                        Knight
                        • Sep 2010

Herringfolt in frogcomposband is there. He has mauled several of my @'s. Wild boar boss. Very fast. hits hard.

Comment

• DavidMedley
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2019

@Pete does that mean bodkin arrow heads can never be recovered?

Comment

• Pete Mack
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

Chain or leather armor won't usually damage them. But if they hit plate steel or the like dead on, yeah. The arrow is ruined. Do a search for arrows vs armor. The vids are kinda entertaining. Crossbow bolts will penetrate at short distances, as does musket shot. Even minie balls will juat splash at much over 100-150 yards. The usually stated accuracy is vs an unarmored foe. (Famously, see Ned Kelly.)

Comment

• Sky
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by SonicSpeedBryce
                              That sounds like a cool speedrunning/powerdiving strategy!
                              this is the very opposite of speedrunning.

The speedrun philosophy rotates around the idea that with sufficient detection and stealth you can basically wander around ANY depth and look to see if you like something, take/kill it, and leave.

Mine is a modification of the previous grind-heavy strategy.

It relies on one concept; in ALL vaults, you find items that are IIRC anything between +25 and +40 levels in depth.
                              This means that on DL40 you can find stuff that's native to DL80.

When you grind mobs/fight uniques/raid vaults etc, it's not just the vault/unique/mobs itself that is dangerous, but the surrounding dungeon as well.
                              You can safely teleport_self a mage on DL30, but if you TS on DL90 you can easily wind up in a group of Time Hounds or Plasma Hounds and get instakilled, even when you've just barely entered the level.

So it's actually VERY fruitful to stair scum on DL35/40/45, and to only deal with LF 6-6 levels or better, because a simple TO can deal with any OOD mob you can find in a DL40 vault, but if you are trying to TO a unique while surrounded by Titans, Balrogs, Chaos dragons, Time hounds, lava, traps, etc then it's a completely different experience.

And, the stuff that you do find in those vaults is pretty darn good for a character that has not been to DL50 even. And with a bit of luck and just crunching numbers, you can get *excellent* stuff - Keleks, RoS +10, Boots of Elvenkind, Cloaks of Aman to plug any resistance hole you may have, helms of ESP, all game-changing stuff.

AND, because you are still at such low depths, you are practically guaranteed to be able to actually TAKE that gear with minimal losses to your consumables and minimal risk.

if instead say, you are at DL70 and there is a good book you need, but it's in a graveyard, and you dont have WoD / Banish / MBan .. you're just not gonna get it. It may as well not be there.

Once you have everything you need, you don't actually need to even see the levels between DL45 and DL96. Actually to be exact, DL44, because DL45 has AMHDs.

FYI i did this just now to "show off" and i have now a mage at DL98 with keleks, took me 8 DDs (10 would have been easier) and 3x !Enlight.

Comment

• Sky
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2016

CL38, and yet i can already cast MBan

Look at the equipment (including at home) and see just how much stuff was found between DL33 and DL45.
                                Note that many artifact weapons were sold.

Code:
                                  [Angband 4.1.3 Character Dump]

Name   Oudinot      Age             60          Self  RB  CB  EB   Best
                                 Race   Dunadan      Height        6'9"   STR! 18/100  +1  -3 +13 18/210
                                 Class  Mage         Weight    13st 8lb   INT! 18/100  +2  +3  +5 18/200
                                 Title  Warlock      Turns used:          WIS:  18/28  +2  +0  +0  18/48
                                 HP     642/642      Game       1010059   DEX! 18/100  +2  +0  +6 18/180
                                 SP     289/305      Standard    143194   CON! 18/100  +3  -2  +8 18/190
                                                     Resting      61537

Level                 38    Armor     [17,+106]    Saving Throw     72%
                                 Cur Exp          1486611                           Stealth       Superb
                                 Max Exp          1486611    Melee       2d5,+39    Disarm - phys.   89%
                                 Adv Exp          1785000    To-hit       35,+39    Disarm - magic  100%
                                                             Blows      4.0/turn    Magic Devices    101
                                 Gold              914754                           Searching        58%
                                 Burden          193.8 lb    Shoot to-dam    +14    Infravision    30 ft
                                 Overweight       13.9 lb    To-hit       29,+35    Speed      23 (3.3x)
                                 Max Depth    4850' (L97)    Shots        1/turn

You are one of several children of a Guildsman.  You are a credit to
                                 the family.  You have blue-gray eyes, straight black hair, and a fair
                                 complexion.

rAcid:.*..+.+.+.... Nexus:.............
                                rElec:..+.....+*... Nethr:..+...++.....
                                rFire:....*...+.... Chaos:.....+....+..
                                rCold:.++.....+.... Disen:.+....+......
                                rPois:..+.....+.... pFear:......+......
                                rLite:++........... pBlnd:.........+...
                                rDark:+.+...+...... pConf:........+....
                                Sound:..+.......... pStun:.++..........
                                Shard:......+...... HLife:..+.+.+......

Regen:............. Stea.:....+..+.....
                                  ESP:.........+... Sear.:.............
                                Invis:..+.......... Infra:........+....
                                FrAct:+++...+...+.. Tunn.:.............
                                Feath:............. Speed:+..+.......+.
                                S.Dig:.++.......... Blows:.............
                                ImpHP:............. Shots:.............
                                 Fear:............. Might:.............
                                Aggrv:............. Light:..+..+....+..

[Character Equipment]

a) the Long Sword 'Balar' (2d5) (+11,+21) <+4>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 3150 feet (level 63)

+4 speed.
                                     Slays undead (powerfully), dragons (powerfully), demons
                                     (powerfully), giants, trolls, evil creatures.
                                     Provides resistance to light, dark.
                                     Cannot be harmed by acid.
                                     Sustains intelligence.
                                     Prevents paralysis.  

When activated, it turns rock into mud.
                                     Takes 161 to 178 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 96.6%

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 294.8 vs. undead, 294.8 vs. dragons, 294.8
                                     vs. demons, 242.8 vs. giants, 242.8 vs. trolls, 216.4 vs. evil
                                     creatures, and 190.4 vs. others.

b) the Short Bow of Halar (x2) (+7,+14) <+1>
                                     Found lying on the floor at 1750 feet (level 35)

+1 constitution.
                                     Provides immunity to acid.
                                     Provides resistance to cold, light, disenchantment.
                                     Provides protection from stunning.
                                     Cannot be harmed by acid, fire.
                                     Slows your metabolism.  Prevents paralysis.  

c) the Ring of Gwenuron <+5, +3, +1>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 2250 feet (level 45)

+5 strength.
                                     +5 intelligence.
                                     +3 dexterity.
                                     +3 constitution.
                                     +1 light.
                                     Provides resistance to lightning, cold, poison, dark, sound,
                                     nether.
                                     Provides protection from stunning.
                                     Cannot be harmed by lightning.
                                     Slows your metabolism.  Grants the ability to see invisible
                                     things.  Prevents paralysis.  Sustains your life force.  

When activated, it deals five times your level's damage to all
                                     evil creatures that you can see.
                                     Takes 323 to 396 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 97.0%

d) a Ring of Speed <+12>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4900 feet (level 98)

+12 speed.

e) the Amulet 'Avaned' <+3> {*Fire}

+3 dexterity.
                                     +3 stealth.
                                     Provides immunity to fire.
                                     Provides resistance to acid.
                                     Sustains your life force.  

f) the Arkenstone 'Maidran' <+3>
                                     Dropped by Sangahyando of Umbar at 1550 feet (level 31)

+3 light.
                                     Provides resistance to chaos.
                                     Cannot be harmed by fire.
                                     Radius 3 light.

When activated, it lights and maps the entire level, sensing
                                     objects.
                                     Takes 168 to 330 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 97.0%

g) the Soft Leather Armour 'Mingwen' [8,+9] <+4>
                                     Dropped by Azog, King of the Uruk-Hai at 2250 feet (level 45)

+4 constitution.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, dark, shards, nether, disenchantment.
                                     Provides protection from fear.
                                     Prevents paralysis.  Sustains your life force.  

h) the Cloak of Aidrin [1,+8] <+5>
                                     Dropped by a brigand at 1000 feet (level 20)

+5 strength.
                                     +5 stealth.
                                     Provides resistance to nether.

i) the Small Metal Shield of Mirhuriel [5,+19] <+3>
                                     Found lying on the floor at 2050 feet (level 41)

+3 infravision.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, cold, poison.
                                     Provides protection from confusion.
                                     Sustains wisdom.

j) the Metal Cap 'Estolmast' [3,+20]
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 2600 feet (level 52)

Provides immunity to lightning.
                                     Provides protection from blindness.
                                     Grants telepathy.  

k) the Set of Alchemist's Gloves of Nieng [0,+23] <+3, +1>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 2500 feet (level 50)

+3 strength.
                                     +1 light.
                                     Prevents paralysis.  

l) a Pair of Ethereal Slippers of Speed [0,+14] <+8>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4900 feet (level 98)

+8 speed.

[Character Inventory]

a) 4 Books of Magic Spells [Magic for Beginners]
                                b) 3 Books of Magic Spells [Conjurings and Tricks]
                                c) 3 Books of Magic Spells [Incantations and Illusions]
                                d) 2 Books of Magic Spells [Sorcery and Evocations]
                                e) a Book of Magic Spells [Resistances of Scarabtarices]

f) a Book of Magic Spells [Raal's Tome of Destruction]

g) a Book of Magic Spells [Mordenkainen's Escapes]

h) a Book of Magic Spells [Tenser's Transformations]

i) a Book of Magic Spells [Kelek's Grimoire of Power]

j) a Mushroom of Vigor
                                k) 17 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
                                l) 12 Potions of Healing
                                m) 20 Potions of Restore Mana
                                n) 20 Potions of Restore Life Levels
                                o) 3 Potions of Enlightenment
                                p) 26 Scrolls of Phase Door
                                q) a Rod of Healing

r) the Ring 'Anglion' <+5, +2, +3, +1>
                                     Dropped by Ji Indur Dawndeath at 4850 feet (level 97)

+5 strength.
                                     +2 wisdom.
                                     +3 dexterity.
                                     +2 tunneling.
                                     +3 speed.
                                     +1 light.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, cold, poison, dark, shards, chaos.
                                     Sustains constitution.
                                     things.  Prevents paralysis.  

When activated, it creates a large frost ball with damage 200.
                                     Takes 349 to 429 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 92.5%

s) the Metal Lamellar Armour of Finde (-3) [58,+20] <+3>
                                     Dropped by Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir at 4850 feet (level 97)

+3 constitution.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, cold, poison, dark,
                                     chaos.
                                     Speeds regeneration.  

t) the Tulwar 'Orwenth' (7d4) (+17,+22) [+5] <+2, +3, +4, +5, +1>
                                     Dropped by a nalfeshnee at 4850 feet (level 97)

+2 strength.
                                     +3 intelligence.
                                     +4 searching skill.
                                     +5 tunneling.
                                     +1 light.
                                     Slays dragons (powerfully), demons (powerfully), undead, giants,
                                     orcs, animals, evil creatures.
                                     Branded with weak fire.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, fire, light, dark.
                                     things.  Blessed by the gods.  

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 329.2 vs. creatures not resistant to fire,
                                     558 vs. dragons, 558 vs. demons, 405.2 vs. undead, 405.2 vs.
                                     giants, 405.2 vs. orcs, 329.2 vs. animals, 329.2 vs. evil
                                     creatures, and 252.8 vs. others.

u) the Ball-and-Chain of Anduri (2d4) (+22,+21) [+10] <+3, +2>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4850 feet (level 97)

+3 stealth.
                                     +2 tunneling.
                                     +3 speed.
                                     Slays demons (powerfully), undead, dragons, giants, trolls, orcs,
                                     evil creatures.
                                     Branded with weak cold.
                                     things.  Sustains your life force.  

When activated, it attempts to magically enhance a piece of armour
                                     with high chance of success.
                                     Takes 405 to 544 turns to recharge at your current speed.

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 210.4 vs. creatures not resistant to cold,
                                     276.8 vs. demons, 232.4 vs. undead, 232.4 vs. dragons, 232.4 vs.
                                     giants, 232.4 vs. trolls, 232.4 vs. orcs, 210.4 vs. evil
                                     creatures, and 188 vs. others.

[Character Quiver]

0) 32 Seeker Arrows of Wounding (4d4) (+22,+20)
                                     Combat info:
                                     Hits targets up to 100 feet away.
                                     Average damage/round: 92.4.
                                     35% chance of breaking upon contact.

[Home Inventory]

a) 7 Mushrooms of Vigor
                                b) 5 Potions of *Healing*
                                     It can be thrown at creatures with damaging effect.

c) the Ring of Cargorost <+2, +4, +3, +6, +1>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4400 feet (level 88)

+2 strength.
                                     +4 intelligence.
                                     +3 dexterity.
                                     +6 tunneling.
                                     +1 light.
                                     Provides immunity to cold.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, poison, light, dark.
                                     Provides protection from fear, blindness.
                                     Sustains intelligence.
                                     Slows your metabolism.  Feather Falling.  Grants telepathy.  

When activated, it bestows upon you berserk rage, bless, and
                                     resistance.
                                     Takes 567 to 831 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 94.8%

d) the Band of Anteith (+6,+6) [+8] <+3, +1, +5, +4>

+3 strength.
                                     +1 wisdom.
                                     +5 dexterity.
                                     +4 searching skill.
                                     +1 speed.
                                     +1 light.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, lightning, poison, nether,
                                     disenchantment.
                                     Sustains strength, wisdom.
                                     Slows your metabolism.  Speeds regeneration.  Grants the ability
                                     to see invisible things.  Prevents paralysis.  

When activated, it lights and maps the entire level, sensing
                                     objects.
                                     Takes 594 to 871 turns to recharge at your current speed.

e) the Necklace 'Angrith' <+2>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 1750 feet (level 35)

+2 strength.
                                     +2 infravision.
                                     Provides immunity to acid.
                                     Provides resistance to lightning, fire, cold.

When activated, it gives you information on the health and
                                     abilities of monsters you can see.
                                     Takes 214 to 237 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 91.8%

f) the Elfstone 'Ledhwe' <+3>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 1800 feet (level 36)

+3 intelligence.
                                     +3 wisdom.
                                     +3 dexterity.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire.
                                     Speeds regeneration.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 

g) the Elfstone of Echangore <+3, +4>
                                     Dropped by Bullroarer the Hobbit at 1700 feet (level 34)

+3 strength.
                                     +4 dexterity.
                                     Provides resistance to nexus.
                                     Speeds regeneration.  Prevents paralysis.  

When activated, it heals 60 hitpoints, cut damage, and cures
                                     stunning, poisoning, blindness, and confusion.
                                     Takes 240 to 267 turns to recharge at your current speed.

h) the Jewel of Macir <+4>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 2050 feet (level 41)

+4 speed.
                                     Provides resistance to light, dark.
                                     Slows your metabolism.  Feather Falling.  

When activated, it grants temporary resistance to fire for 1d10+10
                                     turns.
                                     Takes 108 to 118 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 95.8%

i) the Phial 'Naereth' <+2, +3>
                                     Dropped by a cave ogre at 1650 feet (level 33)

+2 dexterity.
                                     +3 light.
                                     Provides resistance to disenchantment.
                                     Radius 3 light.

When activated, it lights up the surrounding area, hurting
                                     light-sensitive creatures.
                                     Takes 36 to 66 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 95.3%

j) the Star of Silpel (+1,+3) <+2, +3>
                                     Dropped by Lagduf, the Snaga at 750 feet (level 15)

+2 dexterity.
                                     +3 light.
                                     Provides resistance to cold.
                                     Grants the ability to see invisible things.  
                                     Radius 3 light.

When activated, it maps the area around you.
                                     Takes 168 to 330 turns to recharge at your current speed.

k) the Cloak of Uling (+6,+1) [1,+23] <+2, +5>
                                     Found lying on the floor at 1900 feet (level 38)

+2 wisdom.
                                     +5 stealth.
                                     Provides resistance to nether.
                                     Slows your metabolism.  Prevents paralysis.  

When activated, it grants temporary resistance to acid,
                                     electricity, fire, cold and poison for 1d20+20 turns.
                                     Takes 270 to 330 turns to recharge at your current speed.

l) the Fur Cloak of Faukain [3,+19]
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 1850 feet (level 37)

Provides resistance to nexus.
                                     Provides protection from fear, confusion.
                                     Sustains dexterity.

When activated, it creates a fire bolt with damage 12d8.
                                     Takes 188 to 207 turns to recharge at your current speed.

m) the Fur Cloak of Echorfea [3,+17] <+3, +2>
                                     Found lying on the floor of a cavern at 1800 feet (level 36)

+3 strength.
                                     +2 tunneling.
                                     Provides resistance to disenchantment.
                                     Sustains strength.

When activated, it grants temporary resistance to fire for 1d10+10
                                     turns.
                                     Takes 108 to 118 turns to recharge at your current speed.

n) the Leather Shield of Gondor [8,+32] <+1, +2>
                                     Dropped by an illusionist at 4400 feet (level 88)

+1 wisdom.
                                     +2 dexterity.
                                     Provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, cold, light.

o) the Iron Crown of Brilgal [0,+17] <+2>

+2 intelligence.
                                     Provides resistance to cold.
                                     Sustains constitution.
                                     Grants telepathy.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
                                     Prevents paralysis.  Sustains your life force.  

When activated, it hastes you for a while, but then makes you
                                     slower for a while afterward.
                                     Takes 135 to 148 turns to recharge at your current speed.

p) the Hard Leather Cap of Turufin [2,+17] <+3>
                                     Dropped by Hoarmurath of Dir at 3150 feet (level 63)

+3 intelligence.
                                     Provides resistance to fire, poison, nether.
                                     Speeds regeneration.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
                                     Prevents paralysis.  

q) the Iron Helm 'Loris' [7,+7] <+2>
                                     Found lying on the floor at 1700 feet (level 34)

+2 strength.
                                     +2 intelligence.
                                     +2 wisdom.
                                     +2 constitution.
                                     Provides resistance to lightning, fire, cold.
                                     things.  

r) the Pair of Leather Boots 'Erenos' [2,+13] <+4, +3, +2>

+4 wisdom.
                                     +3 stealth.
                                     +3 searching skill.
                                     +2 speed.
                                     Provides resistance to dark, shards.
                                     Sustains wisdom.
                                     Feather Falling.  Grants the ability to see invisible things.  

s) the Broad Sword of Nenelion (4d5) (+6,+13) <+4> {ESP}
                                     Dropped by an illusionist at 4400 feet (level 88)

+4 intelligence.
                                     Slays undead (powerfully), demons, orcs, evil creatures.
                                     Branded with cold.
                                     Provides resistance to cold, light.
                                     Sustains strength.
                                     Grants telepathy.  Grants the ability to see invisible things. 
                                     Prevents paralysis.  

When activated, it heals 500 hit points, heals cut damage, and
                                     cures stunning.
                                     Takes 376 to 462 turns to recharge at your current speed.
                                     Your chance of success is 97.3%

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 286 vs. creatures not resistant to cold,
                                     390.8 vs. undead, 286 vs. demons, 286 vs. orcs, 234 vs. evil
                                     creatures, and 181.6 vs. others.

t) the Katana 'Galand' (8d5) (+11,+8) <+4>
                                     Dropped by Bolg, Son of Azog at 2250 feet (level 45)

+4 stealth.
                                     Slays undead (powerfully).
                                     Speeds regeneration.  Sustains your life force.  

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 630.8 vs. undead, and 212 vs. others.

u) the Awl-Pike of Gonas (6d8) (+12,+10) <+3, +5>
                                     Dropped by Rogrog the Black Troll at 2250 feet (level 45)

+3 intelligence.
                                     +5 infravision.
                                     Slays dragons.
                                     Branded with weak cold.
                                     Provides resistance to fire.
                                     Blessed by the gods.  

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 354.4 vs. creatures not resistant to cold,
                                     473.2 vs. dragons, and 235.6 vs. others.

v) the Mace of Glind (2d4) (+14,+13) <+4, +3, +5> {BONUSES}
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4700 feet (level 94)

+4 intelligence.
                                     +4 dexterity.
                                     +3 stealth.
                                     +5 speed.
                                     Slays animals.
                                     Provides resistance to cold, poison, light.
                                     Sustains strength.
                                     Grants the ability to see invisible things.  

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 173.6 vs. animals, and 151.6 vs. others.

w) a Mace of Disruption (Holy Avenger) (5d8) (+16,+22) [+2] <+4>
                                     Found lying on the floor in a vault at 4800 feet (level 96)

+4 wisdom.
                                     Slays undead, demons, evil creatures.
                                     Sustains strength.
                                     Grants the ability to see invisible things.  Blessed by the gods. 

Combat info:
                                     4.0 blows/round.
                                     Average damage/round: 510.8 vs. undead, 510.8 vs. demons, 400.8
                                     vs. evil creatures, and 291.2 vs. others.

[Player history]
                                      Turn   Depth  Note
                                         0      0'  Began the quest to destroy Morgoth.
                                       525     50'  Reached level 2
                                      1954    100'  Reached level 3
                                      2859    100'  Reached level 4
                                      4410    100'  Killed Grip, Farmer Maggot's Dog
                                      4410    100'  Reached level 5
                                      6332     50'  Reached level 6
                                      8543    200'  Reached level 7
                                      9657    250'  Reached level 8
                                     11287    350'  Reached level 9
                                     13047    450'  Reached level 10
                                     14114    500'  Reached level 11
                                     15786    600'  Reached level 12
                                     17881    700'  Reached level 13
                                     18474    700'  Killed Brodda, the Easterling
                                     19792    750'  Reached level 14
                                     21458    750'  Reached level 15
                                     22479    750'  Reached level 16
                                     23675    750'  Reached level 17
                                     24808    750'  Reached level 18
                                     26535    750'  Reached level 19
                                     28483    750'  Reached level 20
                                     31108    750'  Reached level 21
                                     31499    750'  Killed Lagduf, the Snaga
                                     31501    750'  Found the Star of Silpel
                                     32619    800'  Killed Ulfast, Son of Ulfang
                                     35482    850'  Killed Orfax, Son of Boldor
                                     36615    850'  Reached level 22
                                     39827    900'  Killed Boldor, King of the Yeeks
                                     40472    900'  Killed Sméagol
                                     42840    900'  Reached level 23
                                     46814   1000'  Found the Cloak of Aidrin
                                     48132   1000'  Reached level 24
                                     51190   1000'  Killed Wormtongue, Agent of Saruman
                                     53990   1250'  Killed Lugdush, the Uruk
                                     53990   1250'  Reached level 25
                                     57951   1300'  Killed Gorbag, the Orc Captain
                                     58231      0'  Killed Farmer Maggot
                                     62834   1450'  Killed Shagrat, the Orc Captain
                                     64144   1450'  Reached level 26
                                     66270   1450'  Found the Set of Leather Gloves of Idroth (LOST)
                                     71598   1500'  Killed Khîm, Son of Mîm
                                     71605   1500'  Found the Spear of Rungoros (LOST)
                                     73037   1500'  Reached level 27
                                     77484   1550'  Reached level 28
                                     77484   1550'  Reached level 29
                                     77484   1550'  Reached level 30
                                     78397   1550'  Killed Sangahyando of Umbar
                                     78405   1550'  Found the Arkenstone 'Maidran'
                                     78593   1550'  Killed Angamaitë of Umbar
                                     78813   1550'  Killed Nár, the Dwarf
                                     84738   1650'  Found the Phial 'Naereth'
                                     85376   1650'  Killed Ufthak of Cirith Ungol
                                     86602   1700'  Killed Beorn, the Shape-Changer
                                     87510   1700'  Killed Bullroarer the Hobbit
                                     87515   1700'  Found the Elfstone of Echangore
                                     87554   1700'  Killed Golfimbul, the Hill Orc Chief
                                     87558   1700'  Found the Battle Axe 'Ohtalch' (LOST)
                                     87568   1700'  Killed Grishnákh, the Hill Orc
                                     87846   1700'  Found the Iron Helm 'Loris'
                                     88698   1700'  Reached level 31
                                     89984   1700'  Reached level 31
                                     91442   1750'  Killed Fang, Farmer Maggot's Dog
                                     91872   1700'  Killed The Queen Ant
                                     92611   1750'  Killed Ulwarth, Son of Ulfang
                                     92725   1750'  Killed Ulfang the Black
                                     93138   1750'  Found the Short Bow of Halar
                                     96196   1750'  Found the Necklace 'Angrith'
                                     96461   1800'  Found the Elfstone 'Ledhwe'
                                     96491   1800'  Found the Set of Gauntlets of Tinur (LOST)
                                     97280   1800'  Found the Fur Cloak of Echorfea
                                     98423   1850'  Reached level 32
                                     98664   1850'  Found the Fur Cloak of Faukain
                                    102404   1900'  Found the Cloak of Uling
                                    102915   1900'  Killed Draebor, the Imp
                                    105543   2050'  Found the Small Metal Shield of Mirhuriel
                                    107693   2050'  Killed Ibun, Son of Mîm
                                    107789   2050'  Killed Mîm, Betrayer of Turin
                                    107794   2050'  Found the Main Gauche 'Gargil' (LOST)
                                    108744   2050'  Found the Jewel of Macir
                                    110250   2200'  Killed Uldor the Accursed
                                    110250   2200'  Reached level 33
                                    112108   2250'  Killed Lokkak, the Ogre Chieftain
                                    112970   2250'  Found the Pair of Leather Boots 'Erenos'
                                    113417   2250'  Found the Studded Leather Armour of Iloth (LOST)
                                    115298   2250'  Found the Ring of Gwenuron
                                    115935   2250'  Killed Mughash the Kobold Lord
                                    116757   2250'  Found the Amulet 'Avaned'
                                    118059   2250'  Killed Castamir the Usurper
                                    118170   2250'  Killed Rogrog the Black Troll
                                    118170   2250'  Found the Awl-Pike of Gonas
                                    118496   2250'  Reached level 34
                                    120874   2250'  Killed Uvatha the Horseman
                                    121191   2250'  Killed Bolg, Son of Azog
                                    121194   2250'  Found the Katana 'Galand'
                                    121335   2250'  Killed Azog, King of the Uruk-Hai
                                    121339   2250'  Found the Soft Leather Armour 'Mingwen'
                                    121340   2250'  Found the Awl-Pike of Edhromen (LOST)
                                    123481   2500'  Found the Set of Alchemist's Gloves of Nieng
                                    123488   2500'  Found the Bastard Sword of Angalain (LOST)
                                    125904   2500'  Found the Scimitar of Serim (LOST)
                                    126081   2500'  Killed Scatha the Worm
                                    126136   2500'  Killed Vargo, Tyrant of Fire
                                    128459   2600'  Reached level 35
                                    128616   2600'  Found the Metal Cap 'Estolmast'
                                    130038   3150'  Killed Hoarmurath of Dir
                                    130044   3150'  Found the Hard Leather Cap of Turufin
                                    130724   3150'  Reached level 36
                                    131007   3150'  Found the Band of Anteith
                                    131008   3150'  Found the Iron Crown of Brilgal
                                    131070   3150'  Found the Long Sword 'Balar'
                                    131697   3150'  Killed Adunaphel the Quiet
                                    132118   4400'  Found the Broad Sword of Nenelion
                                    132119   4400'  Found the Leather Shield of Gondor
                                    132176   4400'  Found the Ring of Cargorost
                                    134034   4700'  Killed Uglúk, the Uruk
                                    134050   4700'  Found the Mace of Glind
                                    134332   4800'  Found the War Hammer of Gorginar (LOST)
                                    135355   4800'  Killed Eöl, the Dark Elf
                                    135883   4850'  Killed Itangast the Fire Drake
                                    135885   4850'  Found the Broad Sword 'Bramlair' (LOST)
                                    135894   4850'  Killed Kavlax the Many-Headed
                                    135917   4850'  Killed Smaug the Golden
                                    135917   4850'  Reached level 37
                                    136546   4900'  Killed The Balrog of Moria
                                    138194   4900'  Found the Zweihander of Nascalmo
                                    139097   4900'  Killed Lorgan, Chief of the Easterlings
                                    140521   4900'  Found the Spear 'Rauglin' (LOST)
                                    140527   4900'  Found the Great Axe of Melennos
                                    140555   4900'  Found the Ball-and-Chain of Iacarang
                                    141472   4850'  Found the Tulwar 'Orwenth'
                                    142379   4850'  Killed Ji Indur Dawndeath
                                    142379   4850'  Reached level 38
                                    142380   4850'  Found the Ring 'Anglion'
                                    142409   4850'  Found the Ball-and-Chain of Anduri
                                    142858   4850'  Killed Gorlim, Betrayer of Barahir
                                    142859   4850'  Found the Metal Lamellar Armour of Finde

[Birth]

Generate a new, random artifact set          : yes (birth_randarts)
                                Increase gold drops but disable selling      : no  (birth_no_selling)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍