Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WaveMotion
    Apprentice
    • Apr 2012

Just found a Wooden Torch of Grace <+1>, and the weirdest thing was that it was identified before I picked it up from the ground in 200'.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

You just look so sexy in the firelight, that's all.
      You are on something strange

Comment

• Starhawk
        Adept
        • Sep 2010

re: talk about buffing throwing weapons -- it'd be neat if Throwing Mastery also allowed you to stuff a stack of throwing weapons into your quiver in lieu of arrows. It's not a combat buff, but an added bit of utility (i.e. freed up inventory space).

I know nothing about the code, though -- so no idea if it's feasible.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Anyone noticed that after 1 year, Sil's ladder is the 3rd most popular on angband.oook.cz?
          My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• half
            Knight
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by WaveMotion
            Just found a Wooden Torch of Grace <+1>, and the weirdest thing was that it was identified before I picked it up from the ground in 200'.
            Thanks for reporting this. It turns out to be part of the 'Greaves' bug. I imagine your version was downloaded before I fixed this? It sounds like everyone really should upgrade to the fixed version: sorry about that.

The objects (Greaves, Shovels, Torches, possibly other things) are being created when an object is decided to be {special} but has no valid special types. This then led to it being assigned a special type based on what was in an uninitialised byte of memory. In WaveMotion's case this was '75' the index of 'of Grace'. In other cases it could be an invalid index which might cause some problems. In any case, best not to use these fake items if submitting ladder characters as they could be a bit cheaty. You can download the new version which avoids these problems from the Sil website.

Comment

• half
              Knight
              • Jan 2009

WildKhaine has also reported a bug with the new opportunist behaviour: you don't need to be adjacent to the monster! I have once again fixed this and uploaded a new version. This one is really quite minor, but I thought I'd let you all know. It turns out there is a disadvantage to deciding to release a version for an anniversary that is in four days time! Still, I'm adding bugs between versions at a slower rate than I'm removing them, so in the limit its looking good.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
                Knight
                • Apr 2007

I just downloaded the newest Sil for Windows and when I extracted it out popped the usual Sil folder and a __MACOSX folder with what must be the mac version of the game. I don't care, I just thought I'd mention it... sorry if this was explained somewhere I missed the memo.
                You are on something strange

Comment

• clouded
                  Swordsman
                  • Jun 2012

Monsters still seem to be having trouble with doors, the behavior where they bounce back and forth infront of one, unable to go through. Seems most common in giants and rauko in my experience.

Comment

• nryut
                    Rookie
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by clouded
                    Monsters still seem to be having trouble with doors
                    I also often see fleeing monsters that don't know where to flee in obvious situations.

Not sure if this particular one has anything to do with the door, but this easterling was standing still there the whole time I was making a pincushion for arrows from him (he was 'fleeing' all the time, too!) see screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uobl1500wz...leeing-bug.png

Comment

• nryut
                      Rookie
                      • Aug 2012

And another bug: the "Sulrauko notices you" message is shown when I can't see the Sulrauko: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t4lvy8c95...otices-bug.png

Comment

• half
                        Knight
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by HallucinationMushroom
                        I just downloaded the newest Sil for Windows and when I extracted it out popped the usual Sil folder and a __MACOSX folder with what must be the mac version of the game. I don't care, I just thought I'd mention it... sorry if this was explained somewhere I missed the memo.
                        That is inelegant, but it won't have the Mac version inside it. I think it is just because I usually get Scatha to compress the Win version before sending it to me, but this time I reopened his zip file and recompressed it on my Mac.

Comment

• half
                          Knight
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by nryut
                          And another bug: the "Sulrauko notices you" message is shown when I can't see the Sulrauko: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6t4lvy8c95...otices-bug.png
                          This wasn't introduced in 1.1.1 and it is not completely clear whether it is a bug (I suppose it probably is). The sulrauko was visible to you between turns but is no longer visible (due to perception rolls). Ideally this would work in a more clear and consistent manner, but it is not a high priority at the moment (there is lots of more interesting stuff you'd rather we got right!).

Comment

• half
                            Knight
                            • Jan 2009

Monsters still seem to be having trouble with doors, the behavior where they bounce back and forth infront of one, unable to go through. Seems most common in giants and rauko in my experience.
                            Do you think this is happening more than in 1.1.0? I tried to fix the reported Morgoth problems: I found a real bug in the code and think I fixed it. It is possible I made other things worse or didn't really fix it. I'm going to try to play the Sil comp character and will see if I notice things going wrong (I'd better take Listen to help me!).

Comment

• clouded
                              Swordsman
                              • Jun 2012

It didn't seem any more common. Before I posted, I made a backup save in a situation where a gwathrauko was doing it, I could send it to you (or Scatha) to show if required.

Comment

• half
                                Knight
                                • Jan 2009

It didn't seem any more common. Before I posted, I made a backup save in a situation where a gwathrauko was doing it, I could send it to you (or Scatha) to show if required.
                                That would be good. Send it to sil@amirrorclear.net

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎