X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jungle_Boy
    Swordsman
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by half
    It is working for me. Try attacking a monster, seeing the number displayed in the combat rolls window, then pressing '5' then attacking again. I see the attack number go up by half my perception score. If you don't then there might be some strange bug with it not working sometimes.
    It is working on my home computer, but not if you wait with the comma. Not sure why it wasn't working on my other computer. I'll test it again tomorrow.

I've known about this bug since late in the beta phase, but I haven't been able to replicate it enough to debug it. Do you know what seems to bring it on? Is it possible to make it happen deliberately? If so I could quite easily fix it.
    Resting does seem to make it happen.

One more question, with Blocking, should you see the absorption range change in the combat rolls window?
    My first winner: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=10138

Comment

• Scatha
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Jungle_Boy
      It is working on my home computer, but not if you wait with the comma.
      The comma isn't a rest key; although it may often pass the turn, it's the key for interacting with your square. If the square is empty it tells you that there is nothing there to use, but perhaps it shouldn't take a turn (like if you try to walk into a wall).

One more question, with Blocking, should you see the absorption range change in the combat rolls window?
      Yes (and just tested, this works for me).

Comment

• Psi
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

I haven't seen Morgoth since Ungoliant turned out the lights! Any advice would be welcome. Dump here.

I guess he fled from Elbereth, but can he take the stairs wearing his crown or is he likely to still be hiding despite me stopping singing ages ago? I have cleared the throne room except for some hidden rooms where the doors are still shut, but just can't track him down. I haven't seen another creature since killing Ungoliant (without ever actually seeing it).

If I try and go up will it reset the level again?

Comment

• half
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Psi
          I haven't seen Morgoth since Ungoliant turned out the lights! Any advice would be welcome. Dump here.

I guess he fled from Elbereth, but can he take the stairs wearing his crown or is he likely to still be hiding despite me stopping singing ages ago? I have cleared the throne room except for some hidden rooms where the doors are still shut, but just can't track him down. I haven't seen another creature since killing Ungoliant (without ever actually seeing it).

If I try and go up will it reset the level again?
          This is probably a bug: see my comment on the character dump. It will be fixed in future versions, but for now everyone should avoid scaring Morgoth from the throne room.

Comment

• half
            Knight
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Scatha
            The comma isn't a rest key; although it may often pass the turn, it's the key for interacting with your square. If the square is empty it tells you that there is nothing there to use, but perhaps it shouldn't take a turn (like if you try to walk into a wall).
            This is right, comma shouldn't take any time when the square is empty. I'll fix this for 1.0.2

Comment

• half
              Knight
              • Jan 2009

Resting does seem to make it happen.
              I tried and can't get this to happen by resting...

Comment

• half
                Knight
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Psi
                ...and game just crashed. At least I'd saved since Arunruth - doesn't Sil autosave on new level. Am I missing an option somewhere?
                Sil autosaves when you use a staircase (before the new level is generated). Perhaps it should do so more often than that?

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
                  Swordsman
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by half
                  I tried and can't get this to happen by resting...
                  I just created a brand new character, ate his lemmas on the first turn to get gorged, hit shift-z and gorged disappeared. Ctr-r makes it reappear. Shift-z makes it disappear again. I've done this in both windows 7 and XP.

Comment

• Scatha
                    Swordsman
                    • Jan 2012

I just created a brand new character, ate his lemmas on the first turn to get gorged, hit shift-z and gorged disappeared. Ctr-r makes it reappear. Shift-z makes it disappear again. I've done this in both windows 7 and XP.
                    Aha -- I get this behaviour when the main window is at its minimum vertical size, but not when it's big enough for even more line at the bottom.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
                      Swordsman
                      • Nov 2008

Polearm mastery seems to work when I press shift-z but not when pressing z or 5 as indicated in the manual.

Comment

• half
                        Knight
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Scatha
                        Aha -- I get this behaviour when the main window is at its minimum vertical size, but not when it's big enough for even more line at the bottom.
                        Thanks, I can trigger it myself too using the above method with minimum height windows (24 lines). If anyone has the problem with larger windows, do post here, otherwise I'll try to fix it for this case.

Comment

• half
                          Knight
                          • Jan 2009

Oh, and obviously the work around until 1.0.2 is to make the window at least one line taller...

Comment

• half
                            Knight
                            • Jan 2009

Polearm mastery seems to work when I press shift-z but not when pressing z or 5 as indicated in the manual.
                            That is odd, it certainly works for Scatha and I. Indeed I can't see how this could happen.

Comment

• Psi
                              Knight
                              • Apr 2007

I've been meaning to ask - what does "enraging enemies" mean in Sil? Does it just wake them up or do they get any other bonuses?

Comment

• half
                                Knight
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Psi
                                I've been meaning to ask - what does "enraging enemies" mean in Sil? Does it just wake them up or do they get any other bonuses?
                                It gives unwary monsters a +10 bonus to notice you (but no bonus to sleeping ones), and makes intelligent monsters aggressive when they would normally be confident. This has two effects at the moment (I think!): enemies don't wait at the ends of corridors for you and spies don't hang back on the edge of sight.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎