X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuniqs
    Rookie
    • Jan 2017

Time limit?

Is there a way to edit the time limit of SilQ 1.5.0 in the game files? I've snooped around but found nothing. I know it's an integral part of the game but I'd like to get a feel for each floor, how item/monster/vault generation goes etc. without the constant feeling I'm wasting turns.

Failing that, I've heard there's a wizard mode for SilQ, password is allegedly "mellon" but beats me what key combination does activates it.
  • backwardsEric
    Knight
    • Aug 2019

I did not see a way to change the time limit from the data files. You would need to modify the source code and recompile; most of the relevant code is the computations of depth_counter_increment and min_depth_counter in dungeon.c's process_player() and min_depth() in cmd2.c.

The debugging commands can be accessed with control-a. The password can be found by looking at dungeon.c:734.

Comment

• Thraalbee
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

It might seem frustrating to run many characters (attempts) again and again having to redo the early levels many times, but in the end it may not feel that way. The levels you "know" will be fast by the time you know them. Also, a lot of the charm and perfection in this game lies in the timing "feature". I'd recommend keep trying as it is and see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎