Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thapper
    Adept
    • Aug 2008

This Borg gets stuck trying to sell Calris.

(He has also been looking for RBlind for a looong time. He has a helmet with RBlind but then he'll lose ESP so I guess he doesn't consider that an option.)
    Attached Files

Comment

• thapper
      Adept
      • Aug 2008

So, finally the borg "found" rBlind by reaching 100% saving throw and started diving...

In the end the Tarrasque killed her with a disenchantment breath. She did not have rDisen but she was carrying a swap armor with rDisen that she did not use here (perhaps she would lose to many other good things, but why lugging the extra armor around then?)

I find that many of my borg characters die like this, they reach clvl50 and then start diving (like there's no tomorrow) only to die to some heavy breath of a unique or deep monster. Is the borg not allowed to know how hard he/she(/it?) can be hit by different things? In this case she had !healing left and plenty of escapes but she choose to use an acid bolt as her last move.

Dump and map file attached.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by thapper; November 8, 2011, 10:06. Reason: It was the Tarrasque, not the Phoenix

Comment

• Tobias
        Adept
        • Dec 2009

This Borg runs into the armor store immediately after starting, and gets stuck there.

Also, he has sold his phial to the BM for some reason.
        Attached Files
        My Angband videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...385E85F31166B2

Comment

• APWhite
          Adept
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by thapper
          So, finally the borg "found" rBlind by reaching 100% saving throw and started diving...

In the end the Tarrasque killed her with a disenchantment breath. She did not have rDisen but she was carrying a swap armor with rDisen that she did not use here (perhaps she would lose to many other good things, but why lugging the extra armor around then?)

I find that many of my borg characters die like this, they reach clvl50 and then start diving (like there's no tomorrow) only to die to some heavy breath of a unique or deep monster. Is the borg not allowed to know how hard he/she(/it?) can be hit by different things? In this case she had !healing left and plenty of escapes but she choose to use an acid bolt as her last move.

Dump and map file attached.
          Sorry to hear about the death. The borg does know how to swap stuff like that. He must have felt the current armor was more protective. There are even special considerations for the Tarrasque.

He does understand the general damage of each monster's breath attack. He does understand that the damage from breath is related to the HP of the monster. He does not cheat the HP, but he makes an estimate based on the health bar. So he gets pretty close.
          St George Chiropractor
          Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• APWhite
            Adept
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Tobias
            This Borg runs into the armor store immediately after starting, and gets stuck there.

The fault was quick to find. He is trying to sell the cursed item. That fix was easy.

But this file shows something else. The borg is selling off the good gloves because Cambeleg is +2 STR, and he is over weight. He needs to sell off those extra spellbooks to reduce his encumbrance. Then, he would keep Fingolfin. So, hold off on running this borg until I get that worked up. I should be able to fix it tonight or tomorrow.
            St George Chiropractor
            Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• APWhite
              Adept
              • Jul 2007

This is a great savefile. There are a couple of things that I found. The problem of selling the boots was simple and no big deal.

The bigger problems were that the borg was not selling his stack of books to the shop. The shops were full and the borg did not consider merging his books into the existing store stack.

Also I worked up some code to help the borg understand that certain items may still have some benefit even if cursed. Those Wormtongue boots are pretty nice for a low level guy. But the borg wouldn't even consider it because of the curse. With the changes today, the borg will give a better consideration to cursed artifacts and look at the other benefits. Of course, he also knows how to remove curse on items.
              St George Chiropractor
              Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• thapper
                Adept
                • Aug 2008

This borg is currently carrying around 8 extra artifacts in his pack. This means that he is slowed down (but that doesn't matter 'cause he has enough speed), but it also means that he has no space for any scrolls, wands, rods or staves...

I continued this borg from a run yesterday (so without the latest changes) and I saw nothing strange then.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by thapper; November 10, 2011, 16:05. Reason: Spelling+clarity

Comment

• s0be
                  Apprentice
                  • Jan 2008

Interesting randart situation in this save:

Randart white dsm, no activation. it looks like the borg assumes DSM will always have an activation, and keeps trying it. Does the borg detect activations?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tobias
                    Adept
                    • Dec 2009

I hava a feeling that the Borg gets hung up on rubble a lot. I often come back from lunch, to see my borg ambling around in front of a piece of rubble without getting through. Sometimes he recovers once he runs out of food, sometimes not.
                    So here are the guys who died of starvation this month. Note that Felelerith is level 37, and several died in town.

2011/11/10 07:01
                    Kaaynn the Dunadan Paladin, Level 4/4
                    Exp: 300 Gold: 122 Turn: 752870
                    Killed on level: 1 (max. 2) by starvation
                    Borg Compile Date: Nov 5 2011
                    ----------

2011/11/10 02:56
                    Vrilg the Kobold Rogue, Level 3/3
                    Exp: 249 Gold: 117 Turn: 149840
                    Killed on level: 1 (max. 2) by starvation
                    ----------

2011/11/08 19:06
                    Felelerith the High-Elf Ranger, Level 37/37
                    Exp: 1605244 Gold: 40081 Turn: 17844030
                    Killed on level: 13 (max. 35) by starvation
                    ----------

2011/11/07 05:38
                    Tuopo the Gnome Warrior, Level 8/8
                    Exp: 673 Gold: 462 Turn: 449200
                    Killed on level: 3 (max. 4) by starvation
                    Borg Compile Date: Nov 3 2011
                    ----------

2011/11/06 22:15
                    Ryli the Dunadan Paladin, Level 8/8
                    Exp: 894 Gold: 454 Turn: 1453310
                    Killed on level: 2 (max. 4) by starvation
                    ----------

2011/11/06 20:32
                    Calithrarith the High-Elf Ranger, Level 12/12
                    Exp: 2746 Gold: 110 Turn: 6041680
                    Killed on level: 0 (max. 9) by starvation
                    ----------

2011/11/06 18:05
                    Gorag the Kobold Warrior, Level 7/7
                    Exp: 622 Gold: 244 Turn: 614570
                    Killed on level: 2 (max. 4) by starvation
                    ----------

2011/11/04 13:52
                    Pomak the Half-Troll Priest, Level 7/7
                    Exp: 522 Gold: 202 Turn: 429890
                    Killed on level: 1 (max. 3) by starvation
                    ----------
                    2011/11/08 20:07
                    Kidon the Dunadan Ranger, Level 11/11
                    Exp: 1706 Gold: 51 Turn: 2052640
                    Killed on level: 1 (max. 5) by starvation
                    ----------
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

Note that Felelerith is level 37, and several died in town.
                      Level 1 is dungeon, Town is level 0. There is one starvation death there.

2011/11/06 20:32
                      Calithrarith the High-Elf Ranger, Level 12/12
                      Exp: 2746 Gold: 110 Turn: 6041680
                      Killed on level: 0 (max. 9) by starvation

Comment

• Tobias
                        Adept
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                        Level 1 is dungeon, Town is level 0. There is one starvation death there.
                        Right, but due to some other bug, several entries had been duplicated in Borg-log.txt. So I thought there were several. Just noticed it while posting, but after I wrote the comment.

Comment

• APWhite
                          Adept
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by s0be
                          Interesting randart situation in this save:

Randart white dsm, no activation. it looks like the borg assumes DSM will always have an activation, and keeps trying it. Does the borg detect activations?
                          Yes he does detect activations. He does understand that artifact DSMs do not activate for the breath weapon. This randart DSM is Ringil, and the borg is trying to activate the cold_ball100 attack out of Ringil. I fixed it.

I will hold onto this savefile and run it for a while. There are a couple of places where the borg is forced to keep Ringil. I want to test it to see if he is overcoming those hard-wired commands since this is a randart Ringil. (He is supposed to know that randart Ringils are not as good).
                          St George Chiropractor
                          Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• APWhite
                            Adept
                            • Jul 2007

Hoping to get 332 up soon. Still having problems compiling with VS2008.
                            St George Chiropractor
                            Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Magnate
                              Angband Devteam member
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by APWhite
                              Hoping to get 332 up soon. Still having problems compiling with VS2008.
                              Hi Andrew - is there any chance that you could publish the changes from the 3.2.0 borg code as patches or git commits? We've got the 3.2.0 code running in v4, but it took a ton of work. It would save having to re-do that work if we could just add the changes since then!
                              "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• APWhite
                                Adept
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Magnate
                                Hi Andrew - is there any chance that you could publish the changes from the 3.2.0 borg code as patches or git commits? We've got the 3.2.0 code running in v4, but it took a ton of work. It would save having to re-do that work if we could just add the changes since then!
                                Sure. I've tried to keep the 340 code up to date with the recent changes. But with no way to compile or test it, there are probably lots of errors from typos and such.

I tried to use git commit but I keep getting errors on my end. I had you walk me through it, and I thought it was working correctly. But my git-bash stuff on my local machine is definitely broken now.

I installed a git-GUI for windows. I opened the directory, selected my files, staged, and hit the 'commit' button. What is the difference between Push and Commit?

If someone could check the git repository to see if I did it correctly, I'd sure appreciate it.
                                St George Chiropractor
                                Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡