Anyone gain more plev at one kill?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by buzzkill
    Something strange happening here...
    I'll say - everyone knows the Ringwraiths can't swim.

    Leave a comment:


  • PaulBlay
    replied
    Originally posted by Zikke
    Maybe Adunaphel doesn't want to talk about these awkward life decisions...
    It's always the quiet ones ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Zikke
    replied
    Maybe Adunaphel doesn't want to talk about these awkward life decisions...

    Leave a comment:


  • buzzkill
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Fishman
    She, surely.
    In Vanilla, yes. But in Z+...

    Code:
    N:901:Adunaphel the Quiet
    G:W:D
    I:120:28d100:90:55:10
    W:64:3:0:690000
    O:50:50:0
    B:HIT:TERRIFY:6d6
    B:HIT:TERRIFY:6d6
    B:HIT:EXP_80:4d6
    B:HIT:EXP_80:4d6
    [COLOR="Yellow"]F:UNIQUE | [COLOR="DarkOrange"]MALE[/COLOR] | FORCE_MAXHP | ONLY_ITEM | DROP_1D2[/COLOR]
    F:DROP_1D2 | DROP_GOOD | SMART | COLD_BLOOD
    F:COLD_BLOOD | OPEN_DOOR | BASH_DOOR | MOVE_BODY | UNDEAD
    F:UNDEAD | EVIL | HURT_LITE | IM_COLD | IM_POIS
    F:IM_POIS | RES_TELE | RES_NETH | NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP
    [COLOR="Yellow"]F:NO_SLEEP | CAN_SWIM | DUN_GRAVE | DUN_HORROR | [COLOR="DarkOrange"]FEMALE[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    S:1_IN_3
    S:DRAIN_MANA | CAUSE_3 | BO_ACID | BO_COLD | BO_NETH
    S:SCARE | BLIND | HOLD | FORGET
    D:A sorceress in life, Adunaphel quickly fell under Sauron's sway and the
    D: power of the rings.
    Something strange happening here...

    Leave a comment:


  • Daniel Fishman
    replied
    She, surely.

    "A sorceress in life, Adunaphel quickly fell under Sauron's sway and the power of the rings."

    Leave a comment:


  • buzzkill
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnate
    My best is here: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=8641 - five levels from killing Adunaphel in a normal (fast diving) V game, no tricks or scumming. Just a stupendously good randart whip (5d3, *slay* undead, 6 blows) and a staff of speed.
    Adunaphel is a D!CK. He always kills me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Magnate
    replied
    My best is here: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=8641 - five levels from killing Adunaphel in a normal (fast diving) V game, no tricks or scumming. Just a stupendously good randart whip (5d3, *slay* undead, 6 blows) and a staff of speed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zedar
    replied
    I think my most efficient multiple level gain has to be one I did just the other day, where I killed the Plain Gold Ring in Z240 and jumped straight from level 47 to 50. I don't know why that ring is worth 11million experience, but I'm not complaining

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragonboneman
    replied
    The One Ring's activation drains your experience? I know wearing it does, but all I remember about the one time I activated it is spending weeks scumming for stat potions afterwards.

    Leave a comment:


  • Djabanete
    replied
    My friend, when he was done with his winner, used the One Ring activation to drain all his experience. It took a while --- he had a macro arrangement set up to expedite the process. Then he recalled to level 127. It turns out that a level 1 character with the god kit is strong enough to take on most monsters, so he ignored a breath from a Great Bile Wyrm (acid immunity), killed some L, and gained 36 levels.

    Beat that?

    Leave a comment:


  • rdermyer
    replied
    I just killed a Brigand at level 1 to take me to level 7. That's the most I've ever done. I walked away from the dogs, too, which was hard to do, but I think I'll try to ignore them for longer now. I normally try to kill them when I'm still level 1 for the 2 level bonus.

    Leave a comment:


  • Papayouki
    replied
    Often with NPPangband.
    I always take a quest before diving in the dungeon. That generates a lot of creature that have a lvl bigger than mine in the first dungeon level. So if I am lucky enough, I gain many lvl with my first kill.
    Well, often, I do not have enough mana to cast more thant 2 acid balls and kill the creature, so I attempt a third one with 0 mana.
    And more often I get killed by a troup of priest or snagas.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    There's also Quickband, where it is quite possible, with the right equipment and tactics, to kill a baby dragon at cl 1. That will get you up to 315 EXP, around cl 9. If you are playing Rogue or Bandit, you can kill a weaker Hound at a preposterously early cl. However, this requires stair-scumming, as in going up and down stairs until you find a junction room with additional stairs going down. With a shaft, you go down 6 level-equivalents in a single turn.

    Leave a comment:


  • Narvius
    replied
    I remember how sad I was when I found out that ?WoR don't work as lost soul...

    Leave a comment:


  • Elliott
    replied
    Yeah. Playing as a LostSoul in ToME you can easily get into the teens by scumming until you find a fire vortex or something similar for your first kill. The combination of finding some insanely good weapon, ranged, ideally, and then some amazing ammo.

    My best ever in that regard was a character who found a heavy crossbow of extra shots (+15, +15) and then immediately afterwards some mithril (the ones that are like (4d3) or so) bolts of slay evil that were also like (+15, +15). I seem to recall him killing something remarkably powerful right at the start and he jumped straight to level 27 or so. Until the bolts ran out he did a lot of damage. I don't think he managed to escape, though.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕