And It's Finished! A Win with Every Race/Class Combination!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

And It's Finished! A Win with Every Race/Class Combination!

It took over a year and spanned several versions of the game, but it is finally finished. A winner in every race / class combination.

Best and Worst by Class:

Best and Worst by Race:

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; November 21, 2015, 18:29.
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

Wow, truly a life´s work. Congratulations.

Are you going to start with variants now ? I recommend tome2, it also has subraces ^^

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

We're going to need some more races and classes, then
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• debo
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

OK, now it's time to do the same thing with PosChengband.
        Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

I suggest you instead try to beat two games simultaneously with the same set of input. That is, you have two different characters in different games, but e.g. when you hit up, they both go up, when you hit 'a', they both try to aim a wand, et cetera.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
            I suggest you instead try to beat two games simultaneously with the same set of input. That is, you have two different characters in different games, but e.g. when you hit up, they both go up, when you hit 'a', they both try to aim a wand, et cetera.
            ...and stream on twitch
            One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
            In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
              Knight
              • May 2007

Great Job! True devotion! I have my favorite picks with race and class and only change options in the game for more complexity and personal interest.

Comment

• krugar
                Apprentice
                • Sep 2010

I'm most impressed by some of your Dunedain turn count/CL ratios.

I can't seem to be able to get that. Since these are just your best/worst, do you have a better ratio on the Dunedain than Telen or Arien?

Comment

• krazyhades
                  Swordsman
                  • Jun 2013

Impressively done Ingwe!

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by krugar
                    I'm most impressed by some of your Dunedain turn count/CL ratios.

I can't seem to be able to get that. Since these are just your best/worst, do you have a better ratio on the Dunedain than Telen or Arien?
                    Go to the Ladder and do a search under Ingwe Ingweron and the Dunadan race for a list of all the Dunadan wins (and a few losses). Also, Arien was my worst Rogue, but not my worst Dunadan overall, that was Doros. I'd say the turncounts are pretty representative for me. But I'm not the best at keeping a low turncount. Folks like PowerWyrm or Elliptic are much better. I never figured out how to be more efficient.
                    Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; November 22, 2015, 09:38.
                    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”

Comment

• gglibertine
                      Adept
                      • Dec 2007

Congratulations! That's an amazing achievement! (Especially considering that after 20-ish years, I *still* haven't won.)

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                        It took over a year and spanned several versions of the game, but it is finally finished. A winner in every race / class combination.
                        Congrats that's impressive. I don't think I have even tried every combination. Especially kobold which is new race (well newest anyway).

Comment

• bio_hazard
                          Knight
                          • Dec 2008

Good gravy- that's impressive! I'm still looking for win #1

Comment

• fph
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2009

What do you think is the most difficult race/class combination overall? I see that you left half-elf warrior last, but OTOH your turn-count with this combo is impressive.
                            --
                            Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by fph
                              What do you think is the most difficult race/class combination overall? I see that you left half-elf warrior last, but OTOH your turn-count with this combo is impressive.
                              I wouldn't read anything into which race was left for last. There was no real rhyme or reason to the order I picked. As for the most difficult race/class combos, for me it's always: mage is hardest, followed by weak constitution/hit points combinations, like kobolds, gnomes, and any other combination resulting in low con or hp dice. But, those were also some very interesting, fun, and exciting games.

Turn count is another one that's hard to read anything into. At first I thought maybe the difference was a subtle shift toward easier in 4.0+ than 3.5+, but the data doesn't bear that out. If anything, I just improved in playing ability a little bit over time. The turncounts still jump around quite a bit and are nothing compared to what the likes of PowerWyrm and Elliptic can pull off. I really want to learn from them how to be more efficient, but those may be trade secrets.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎