• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwarl
    Administrator
    • Jan 2017

Recent changes

In summary;

Angband.live took over responsibilities from the former angband.oook.cz.

We are now hosting the ladder, updated to work with modern PHP (5.6 > 8.1) as well as the screenshots gallery.

We are hosting the forum, upgraded from vBulletin 3.8.11 to 6.0.2 so it also runs on modern PHP. The link between the forums and the ladder is maintained.

Angband.live has a new home page which pulls useful information from the forum, ladder, live game server, and github.

All the services are hosted on the same domain so they can share cookies, share an SSL certificate, appear together in search results, and use each other's resources. Unfortunately this seems to have upset the forum software slightly and I can't quite pin down what's wrong or how to fix it just yet. It seems to mostly work but I can't create new subforums.

Everything except the live games page got a new coat of paint.

I got round to updating a few of the variants which have seen new releases.
  • Gwarl
    Administrator
    • Jan 2017

I have some ideas for what to do next. We have a wiki at https://wiki.angband.live but it has been overrun by spam. I am thinking of rescuing the most useful information which is descriptions of variants, and assembling it into a variants page on the site. I have also done some work on a sort of ascii art program which could be adapted as an editor for room templates, vaults, *pos*band towns and quests, etc. I am also considering how to present 'spoiler' information on monster/object stats in a systematic way.

Comment

• malcontent
      Adept
      • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Gwarl
      Angband.live has a new home page which pulls useful information from the forum, ladder, live game server, and github.
      Nicely done, thanks!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍