• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atopian
    Rookie
    • Nov 2014

FrogComPos class spell lists question

Hi,

First, glad to see that FrogComPos exists - last time I checked in, there was sudden drama about PosCheng.

Second, a quick question:
    Where in the FrogComPos files are the spell lists by class and realm?
    I am interested in adjusting the spells available to each class, their minimum level, %failure, etc.
    I am aware that I will need to compile after making any tweaks, I am just having trouble finding where they are specified.
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Atopian
    Hi,

First, glad to see that FrogComPos exists - last time I checked in, there was sudden drama about PosCheng.

Second, a quick question:
    Where in the FrogComPos files are the spell lists by class and realm?
    I am interested in adjusting the spells available to each class, their minimum level, %failure, etc.
    I am aware that I will need to compile after making any tweaks, I am just having trouble finding where they are specified.
    Spell availability/level/cost/difficulty by class for the standard book realms is mostly specified in lib/edit/m_info.txt (there's a small amount of hardcoding in lawyer.c). Oddball class-specific realms like Kendo, Music and Hex are in tables.c (which realms a given class can choose is also there); and class-specific non-book spells are specified in class-specific files like ninja.c and mindcrafter.c.

If you only edit m_info.txt you won't need to recompile.
    Last edited by Sideways; November 16, 2020, 10:04.
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• Atopian
      Rookie
      • Nov 2014

Ah, convenient.
      Thank you for the information!

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2009

This page is for PosCheng and so isn't fully up to date, but it seems to still be mostly accurate. Mouseover spell names for details.

Github PCB Spell lists

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍