X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • it_master
    Rookie
    • Jul 2020

(Portralis)I can't advance after level 2

So, I got myself interested into Portralis due to the deep class fusing system, as well as the RPG elements that came with it.

I created a character, which I plan to go for a shadowmancer assassin with time travelling powers (because why not), and I stepped into the world. Everything went smoothly up until I got to the point when I got into level 2, that's when things just got stuck.

I can't gain any more experience, and thus I can't literally fight with virtually anyone except rats of all things. Even after how many rats I kill, I can't gain any more experience.

I have already placed in the levels in both the base stats as well as the skills, and I have learned all the new abilities. I am completely at a loss as to what went wrong here.

Does anybody got an idea as to a way to fix this? Seriously, I like this game, but that bug just bugged me off. (Pardon the pun)
  • it_master
    Rookie
    • Jul 2020

Originally posted by it_master
    So, I got myself interested into Portralis due to the deep class fusing system, as well as the RPG elements that came with it.

I created a character, which I plan to go for a shadowmancer assassin with time travelling powers (because why not), and I stepped into the world. Everything went smoothly up until I got to the point when I got into level 2, that's when things just got stuck.

I can't gain any more experience, and thus I can't literally fight with virtually anyone except rats of all things. Even after how many rats I kill, I can't gain any more experience.

I have already placed in the levels in both the base stats as well as the skills, and I have learned all the new abilities. I am completely at a loss as to what went wrong here.

Does anybody got an idea as to a way to fix this? Seriously, I like this game, but that bug just bugged me off. (Pardon the pun)
    Well, I think I found a fix for it, it's apparently a compatibility issue. A simple switch to compatibility mode to windows 7 will do.

Comment

• Avenger
      Apprentice
      • Dec 2013

Woah.

Is Portralis still a thing, or are you just now discovering it?

I remember playing it years ago, and it was indeed in interesting and unique variant, but I thought the developer had abandoned it long ago.

I'm glad you solved the issue you were experiencing - and now I'm off to check out the Portralis forums and see if it's back.
      C(6.3) C Erirbag [Half-Ogre Cultist] L:39 DL:Collector's Cave 2 A+ R+ Sp w:The Long Sword of Karakal (2d5) (+9, +12) (+2)
      C(TN/Do) W H- D-- c-- f PV s- d+ P++ M?
      C S++ I+ So B- ac- GHB- SQ RQ V+ F:TomeNET Game Progression

Comment

• invisibletroll
        Apprentice
        • Jul 2020

I might have played Portralis about 200 years ago. Provide me a link.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
          Swordsman
          • Feb 2009

As I recall, it was easy to get a massive damage output, and also easy to find foes with damage reflection in Portalis.

Comment

• EpicMan
            Swordsman
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by invisibletroll
            I might have played Portralis about 200 years ago. Provide me a link.
            Source code is here: http://www.zaimoni.com/zaiband/Angband.ref/Portralis/

Offical (but dead) forums are here: https://variaz.proboards.com/ but the download links are broken. You might be able to find working versions on internet archive.

Comment

• invisibletroll
              Apprentice
              • Jul 2020

Originally posted by EpicMan
              Source code is here: http://www.zaimoni.com/zaiband/Angband.ref/Portralis/

Offical (but dead) forums are here: https://variaz.proboards.com/ but the download links are broken. You might be able to find working versions on internet archive.
              It compiles and creates 8 terminal screens. I can't exit the introduction screen with Esc.

Comment

• invisibletroll
                Apprentice
                • Jul 2020

Portralis doesn't look familiar to me.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢