I typed in frogcomposband and got this message:
    Code:
    frogcomposband: Angband needs an 80x24 'curses' screen

Comment

• Archenoth
      Scout
      • May 2020

Oh good! You managed to get it~ ^^

That message means that Termux doesn't have enough space to show you the game. You can pinch the screen to zoom it out, or if you have an overlay keyboard (Or an external one), you can rotate the screen to be landscape. That should give you more screen real-estate

When your terminal can fit 80 characters horizontally, and 24 vertically, it should run..!

Comment

• KesTheHammer
        Apprentice
        • Feb 2021

can you please lastly assist with adding the characters for the keyboard as discussed earlier. I am absolutely not Unix-literate.

Comment

• Archenoth
          Scout
          • May 2020

For my layout, you should be able to just paste...

Code:
          wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Archenoth/0ef3a2eddb1ddebbcadc46aafc500984/raw/cb33e1fe5fddbcc22ab84e1960a520e9cde10879/termux.properties -P ~/.termux
          ...into your terminal and restart Termux. ("~" is your home folder, and ".termux" is the place a lot of configuration for the terminal goes. The wget is just downloading my config into that folder for the next time it gets read!)

If you get a message that wget doesn't exist, you can install it with "apt install wget", and then you can try the above again!

And if you aren't familiar with the Termux keybindings, Volume Down is like holding Ctrl, so Volume Down + X should save and quit when you're in any bands. You can also Volume Down + D to exit the terminal when you are at the command line.

I hope that's helpful! ^^
          Unix stuff can be kinda confusing if you aren't familiar with it

Comment

• KesTheHammer
            Apprentice
            • Feb 2021

Thank you very much. It works 100%.

Comment

• Archenoth
              Scout
              • May 2020

Nice! Happy I could help~

I really should package a few more variants so that there's more than just frog and vanilla in the repos currently.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

Archeron-
                The full Android port already has V 4.2.2, Frog (Selmiak), Sil-Q 1.4.2, and NPP 0.4.1 and 0.5.4
                It's quite good.

Comment

• ionarevamp
                  Rookie
                  • Feb 2020

Originally posted by Archenoth
                  For my layout, you should be able to just paste...

Code:
                  wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Archenoth/0ef3a2eddb1ddebbcadc46aafc500984/raw/cb33e1fe5fddbcc22ab84e1960a520e9cde10879/termux.properties -P ~/.termux
                  ...into your terminal and restart Termux. ("~" is your home folder, and ".termux" is the place a lot of configuration for the terminal goes. The wget is just downloading my config into that folder for the next time it gets read!)

If you get a message that wget doesn't exist, you can install it with "apt install wget", and then you can try the above again!

And if you aren't familiar with the Termux keybindings, Volume Down is like holding Ctrl, so Volume Down + X should save and quit when you're in any bands. You can also Volume Down + D to exit the terminal when you are at the command line.

I hope that's helpful! ^^
                  Unix stuff can be kinda confusing if you aren't familiar with it
                  For me, using the wget option simply downloaded another version of termux.properties, leading me to have to delete the original via cd .termux from home directory and using rm termux.properties
                  Then I typed mv termux.properties.1 termux.properties to rename it
                  After that, it worked fine.

Another thing that I found is, if you want to use the same back key functionality as some other angdroid apps, you can set
                  Code:
                  back-key=escape
                  in termux.properties for convenience.
                  Last edited by ionarevamp; April 28, 2021, 20:13.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎