Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Torchlit streamer doesn't have to be yellow (though there are two essentially indistinguishable shades of yellow in V angband these days.) You can make magma orange and quartz yellow, since 'magma'* is presumably a dark, near-balck rock.

* which by the way is more properly a synonym for molten lava before it spills out of the volcano.

Comment

• Aszazin
      Scout
      • Jun 2018

Ah, thanks for all the info.

So I'm not stuck, I just need to start wandering around the island.
      Great!

I also noticed the character creation screen explained enough about the races. I missed that due to choosing a random character.

This is really an interesting Angband variant. It's also harder than I'm used too, although consistently using a random character might be partially the cause.
      But I like it hard!

Comment

• Aszazin
        Scout
        • Jun 2018

I found a utter small issue:
        -I have 4 daggers 1d4 (+0, +0) & 1 dagger 1d4 (unidentified)
        -I go to shop "0" and I do an identify all
        -Now I have 4 daggers 1d4 (+0, +0) & 1 dagger 1d4 (+0, +0)
        -Only after dropping and picking it up again it becomes 5 daggers 1d4 (+0, +0)

Not a big deal of course!

I'm continuing to play my "stuck" character and moved to a different village. I'm really having fun with Cthangband!

Comment

• Aszazin
          Scout
          • Jun 2018

Phew, I landed in Kadath... luckily I managed to escape in time...

This game really is balanced in difficulty without becoming too straightforward or streamlined (and thus predictable).

One always needs to be prepared for the worst!

This game is my first encounter with Lovecrafts Cthulu. I definitely need to get deeper in Cthulu.

Shouldn't Hobbes the tiger be replaced by some more Cthulu-like enemy? Something with a sturgeon-like moustache?

edit: oh: just discovered I cannot go over water while wearing a ring of levitation, it says: "You cannot swim", although i can fly.

Comment

• Avenger
            Apprentice
            • Dec 2013

I've now upgraded to 6.3, and have a (possible) new bug to report.

The Tarot spell Tarot Draw appears to have far more effects than a single card. Maybe this is not a bug, and is actually intended behavior, but it seems noteworthy. Casting it repeatedly in town lets me safely farm the World and power level my character very quickly... with a single effect, this could still be done, presumably, but would be at a much less game-breaking pace.

Edit: Actually, as I play with it more, it seems to continue drawing until the World is drawn, at which point it stops.

Edit: One more quick issue - every time I attempt to enter the Demon Spire, the game hangs and I have to manually shut it down. No error message, - maybe an infinite loop in map gen?

Edit: Another problem - my Abilities screen doesn't seem to reflect the powers my equipment carries, even after *Identify*ing everything, or drinking !Self Knowledge.
            Last edited by Avenger; March 20, 2020, 19:02.
            C(6.3) C Erirbag [Half-Ogre Cultist] L:39 DL:Collector's Cave 2 A+ R+ Sp w:The Long Sword of Karakal (2d5) (+9, +12) (+2)
            C(TN/Do) W H- D-- c-- f PV s- d+ P++ M?
            C S++ I+ So B- ac- GHB- SQ RQ V+ F:TomeNET Game Progression

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡