X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sephiroth2906
    Rookie
    • Jul 2008

What do Ents eat?

I recently started a Ent Swordmaster in ToME, and despite his lack of speed, he is pretty impressive. Killed Bullroarer in one hit. However, I noticed that food does little to nothing for him, as everytime I tried to eat, I got a message that it was poor sustenance for me, then I used scrolls of satisfy hunger, which make me full, but I notice it took FOREVER to become hungry before I used my first scroll, and now he gets hungry pretty quickly. Is there something I am missing?
    Last edited by Sephiroth2906; August 2, 2008, 01:15.
  • Rydel
    Apprentice
    • Jul 2008

I think Ents can only get sustenance for Scrolls of Satisfy Hunger, and some potions, mainly Water, Apple Juice, Slime Mold Juice, and Cure X Wounds
    I'm trying to think of an analogy, and the best I can come up with is Angband is like fishing for sharks, and Sil is like hunting a bear with a pocket knife and a pair of chopsticks. It's not great. -Nick

Comment

• Narvius
      Knight
      • Dec 2007

I think thats why one spell there is called "Ent Potion" - it makes you full + heroism.
      If you can convincingly pretend you're crazy, you probably are.

Comment

• Skelwing
        Rookie
        • Jun 2008

Yes, scrolls of satisfy hunger are the main source of sustenance for ents, as well as the various undead subraces.
        The scrolls shouldn't be making you hungry faster; maybe you're resting more now than before? or you had a object that gave slow digestion and don't anymore?

Comment

• zaimoni
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Skelwing
          Yes, scrolls of satisfy hunger are the main source of sustenance for ents, as well as the various undead subraces.
          The scrolls shouldn't be making you hungry faster; maybe you're resting more now than before? or you had a object that gave slow digestion and don't anymore?
          Alternately, acquiring regeneration from an item (or both).
          Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
          Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
          Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎