poschengband - secondary terminal windows not opening!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theflavorzone
    Rookie
    • Nov 2017

poschengband - secondary terminal windows not opening!

hey there! i'm really excited to start playing poschengband, but i'm having an issue opening it on my computer. only the primary terminal window with the main game screen opens - none of the secondary ones (nearby monsters, inventory, etc) open even when i manually open term-[x] through the menu strip. what should i try doing to get them to launch properly? i'm on windows 10, for context.

thanks for reading! i hope this isn't an issue unique to my computer haha

edit, slight update: i tried running older versions (7.0.1 and 6.1.0) and the same problem occurred! so that eliminates one possibility
    Last edited by theflavorzone; November 16, 2017, 04:41.
  • CyclopsSlayer
    Swordsman
    • Feb 2009

Using PCB 7.0.2 on Win10. I have no trouble with the windows opening, for me they just shrink a little every time I close and restart the game.

I use Main, Inventory, Monster info, Messages.
    Last edited by CyclopsSlayer; November 16, 2017, 19:24.

Comment

• theflavorzone
      Rookie
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
      Using PCB 7.0.2 on Win10. I have no trouble with the windows opening, for me they just shrink a little every time I close and restart the game.

I use Main, Inventory, Monster info, Messages.
      do you have to enable the windows in some sort of settings menu?
      i noticed that the same issue happens for me if i run it on angband.live - this is really weird.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2009

Main Game Window > Window > Visibility > Select windows

Then in game,

= (Options) > w (Window Flags) > check what you want to see in each window.

edit: As well I set the main window to a Large Font size and drag the Main window open to a larger area. At least increase the height by 5 lines to allow the expanded inventory slots to fully display.
        NB: I use a widescreen (1920x1080) monitor so have plenty of screen real estate available.
        Last edited by CyclopsSlayer; November 17, 2017, 12:30.

Comment

• theflavorzone
          Rookie
          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
          Main Game Window > Window > Visibility > Select windows

Then in game,

= (Options) > w (Window Flags) > check what you want to see in each window.

edit: As well I set the main window to a Large Font size and drag the Main window open to a larger area. At least increase the height by 5 lines to allow the expanded inventory slots to fully display.
          NB: I use a widescreen (1920x1080) monitor so have plenty of screen real estate available.
          amazing, i knew there had to be a setting for it somewhere! thank you so much

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎