Looking for endgame suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wobbly
    replied
    Well the 1st thing I'd do is walk in to the beastmaster & pay for full monster lore on Oberon & the Serpent. Oberon is mostly just a bigger version of the amberites you've already fought. There's plenty of far worse uniques around. Also you can get a more exact number for your fame simply be walking in to the fighter's guild & seeing what the max. Power it gives for reforging. It'll directly correspond to the artifact value.
    Last edited by wobbly; July 3, 2017, 09:23.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironshod Al
    started a topic Looking for endgame suggestions

    Looking for endgame suggestions

    My current character, Al 17, has come about as far as I think is possible equipment-wise. I could continue grinding for consumables and better equipment and I could continue to kill uniques. Experience from the latest game sessions tells me that killing all remaining uniques isn't the way to go. There is still enemies that I can't fight without wasting a ton of charges / consumables or getting some genuine RNG luck. Unmakers, great wyrms of power and Pandemonium are examples of such monsters. I have recently killed the Tarrasque, but surviving mostly on what few charges it left undrained. It might have been easier if I had carried potions/scrolls.

    Anyway, I think it is time to plan for the endgame. If I was playing Angband I would just dive to DL99, kill Sauron and then go kill Morgoth. I have sufficient consumables, speed and damage for this. However, I don't know what to expect from PosChengband. I know the Serpent summons a lot, but apart from that I don't know what kind of damage to expect. And I have absolutely no idea what Oberon is about. Are they just renamed clones of Sauron / Morgoth? I guess Oberon has the ability to give @ a blood curse like the rest of the amberites.

    So, any suggestions before I dive to DL99 would be welcome. Preferably without too many spoilers
    • Which resistances should I prioritize?
    • What about fear? Is 2x (3x with !Heroism) enough?
    • Are there any uniques I should attempt to kill before entering DL99 or DL100?
    • My Angband characters won with base speed <30 and <600 damage. Is this reasonable for PosChengband?


    Here's what my character currently is capable of:
    Resistances and such are shown in the latest Character dump. I have covered everything except time (but have Ring of the Ages at home).
    I have the choice between ring of speed +9 or ring of combat (+8,+20) {A: Heroic Speed}. Or I could get addtional resistance vs DkNt. Or resist Time.
    Stone Skin and Resistance are available through item activation.
    • =Combat gives base speed +21/+31 speed hasted. Damage 654, 756 vs evil, 857 vs demons.
    • =Speed gives base speed +30/+40 speed hasted. Damage 514, 616 vs evil, 710 vs demons.
    • =DkNt gives base speed +21/+31 speed hasted. Damage 514, 616 vs evil, 710 vs demons.
    • =Ages gives base speed +21/+31 speed hasted. Damage 514, 616 vs evil, 710 vs demons.


    Consumables:
    Code:
    247 !Speed (three inventory slots)
     40 !Heroism
     37 !Resistance
     27 !Healing
     22 !*Healing*
      1 !Augmentation (restore stats?)
      1 !*Enlightenment* (restore stats?)
    
      5 ,Restoring
    
     18 ?Phase Door (shops currently don't have new supplies of this scroll, but I can rest a couple of days to restock)
    158 ?Teleport (two inventory slots)
     22 ?Destruction
     15 ?Genocide
      8 ?Mass Genocide
      4 ?Banishment
      7 ?Recharging (I have plenty of wands, rods and staves to bring along as recharge sources)
    I have a bunch of _Speed, _Cure Wounds, _Curing and _Holiness, but a lot of monsters drains charges, so they may not be useful except to initally clear an area of DL99 and possible DL100.
    I have 2x _Healing. 4+8 charges at 39%/85% with "[MSM or 2%/40% with "Md+3.

    I have tried to gamble for potions and staves, but nothing useful came from that.
    I have a vague idea what reforging is about, but don't really know what to expect when doing it. If it is useful I should have the money to do it. Asking about my fame I get "The bards doth sing of ye: Heroic ballads both far 'n wide!" from the innkeeper.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕