X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unic
    Rookie
    • Jul 2008

[OAngband] Not running (Win 7)

I have tried to run Oangband 1.1.0 and 1.1.0u on my computer (OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit). The game window never appears, it just leaves a process in the Task Manager, and the application never starts properly. It does not get as far as generating any .raw files.

A friend of mine has tried on her computer (OS: Windows 7 Home 64-bit). The application runs, although it takes 15-20 seconds before the game window appears (whereas other Angbands generally start more or less instantaneously)

Has anyone else experienced issues with running OAngband and were you able to solve the problem?
  • unic
    Rookie
    • Jul 2008

Okay, had time and energy to try again to get it to work. It ran in minimal safe mode, so gradually re-enabling things to find the conflict.

OAngband stops working when I activate Logitech's Setpoint utility.

Very weird. Does OAngband do anything weird on a system level that other *bands don't? All the other (bit over a dozen) that I have installed worked fine from the start.

Oh well, Setpoint isn't that essential to me, so that can stay off, and I can now go on to try that Ibun character in the comp!

Comment

• krazyhades
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2013

good luck

more characters because good luck is too short

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

@unic--try XP compatibility mode.

Comment

• unic
          Rookie
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Pete Mack
          @unic--try XP compatibility mode.
          Yeah, various compatibility modes were among the first things I tried, and they made no difference for me.

No clue what O is up to that's causing these issues. For me, disabling Logitech's utility solved it. For you, XP compatibility mode.

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

I assume it just needs the main-win.c from more modern bands copied in.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎