X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wraitheist
    Adept
    • Mar 2008

[Un]Angband and Word of Recall

I've started several characters in Hobbiton (I think that is what it is called) and venture into Farmer Maggot's beginner dungeon. However, I haven't found anything in any of the stores that resembles a Word of Recall. Do they exist in this game? If not, is there some alternative method of returning to town? Or are you supposed to take enough supplies with you to complete each dungeon in one trip?
  • Big Al
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

There are indeed WoR scrolls, WoR spells and WoR shop services. For the most part though, they're pretty deep and rare. I've found most of the early dungeons able to be completed in one trip, and note that once you kill the guardian at the bottom of the dungeon, you get a magic staircase that brings you back up to the top.

(If you're having trouble with the Maggot farm, I'd recommend going the other way - down the East Road and on through Bree. The Farmer Maggot path is considerably harder.)
    Come play Metroplexity!
    Un, V MX H- D c-- f- PV s- d+ P++ M+
    c-- S I++ So+ B+ ac- !GHB SQ RQ+ V+

Comment

• Bandobras
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

Also, there should be some WOR in Bree, though expensive, so you'd better do the Bree dungeon in one go too. Various Un identification aids make this possible without leaving unidentified items behind. Unless you use up-stairs, that is...

Comment

• Wraitheist
        Adept
        • Mar 2008

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢