• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tulip
    Scout
    • Apr 2014

Poschengband Tileset Thing

Making a 32x32 tileset for poschengband

I will try to keep the sprites to a similar palette as their symbol color displays (eg: priests will be various shades of blue)

I'll be using this thread to how which sprites are completed, and ask for help with technical aspects.

If for some bizzare reason, you wish to use these sprites for your own things, message me.

If you dislike something, tell me, I won't get offended or anything.

Current sprites:

Gluttonous Ghost (or probably something else, it looks a tad too vicious to be a gluttonous ghost)

Great Hell Wyrm (unfinished)

Large Kobold

Mugash, the Kobold Lord (I gave him a crown and scepter, because why not)

• nikheizen
    Adept
    • Jul 2015

I hacked this together real quick, so not 100% sure it will work as expected.
    Replace the files in lib/xtra/graf: 32x32.bmp with your 256 colour bmp and replace 32x32.png with your png.
    Try out the pref editing with %7v after selecting Tulip's tiles.
    Don't put anything in the top-left-most grid square.
    Make sure to dump the preferences to a file when you are done editing. Do tell me if it works or not.

Comment

• Tulip
      Scout
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nikheizen
      I hacked this together real quick, so not 100% sure it will work as expected.
      Replace the files in lib/xtra/graf: 32x32.bmp with your 256 colour bmp and replace 32x32.png with your png.
      Try out the pref editing with %7v after selecting Tulip's tiles.
      Don't put anything in the top-left-most grid square.
      Make sure to dump the preferences to a file when you are done editing. Do tell me if it works or not.
      Gave it a shot. It registered as 16x16 tiles despite being a 32x32 layout.

I can dump whatever things you want me to.

I was given some good suggestions by some dudes I know.
      Hereforth, all sprites, with few exceptions, shall be full body and shall encompass entirety of 32x32 (in terms of height, not necessarily width).

Redone Mugash.

Redone Large Kobold

Spectral Wyrm:

Mature Dragon:

edit: 10 images per post is annoying, ill have to just add them to a big sheet when I can be bothered and have enough sprites to justify that action
      Last edited by Tulip; July 12, 2016, 08:54.

Comment

• Tulip
        Scout
        • Apr 2014

Erm, I'm still interested in making this. I just want confirmation it will even work. I'm useless at the technical aspect of things.

I wont double-post again after this.

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Rest assured, someone will wish to take advantage of 32x32 tiles. It is a pretty easy code fix.

Comment

• Tulip
            Scout
            • Apr 2014

I'm still working on this.

Ancient Dragon.

Comment

• buzzkill
              Prophet
              • May 2008

Not quite your style, but I've done my fair share of work on 32x32 Angband tilesets. You can find a link to them through my profile. Use them or parts of them as you wish, pending other ownership (which I played fast and loose with). UT 32 is the most comprehensive, however others may have other odds and ends.
              www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
              My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍