X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poop Loops
    Scout
    • May 2008

ZAngband Auto-Roller?

Hey guys, I'm new to this, but I've been playing Crawls for some time. Anyway, I just installed Ubuntu and installed ZAngband on it via Synaptic. I get it to run, pick a race, class, set a weight for my stats, and then nothing happens. I hit "Enter", "ESC", whatever. It's just frozen.

I only spend a few minutes before getting fed up and closing it. Does it just take a long time? 500 rolls is a lot, and then comparing them would take a while I imagine. Still, I don't know how long to wait for.
  • Poop Loops
    Scout
    • May 2008

Okay, so I just installed Z on my WinXP machine and it works great. Must be something wrong with the Linux version or I'm missing something on my computer.

Comment

• passing_lunatic
      Rookie
      • May 2008

I had a similar problem. Any chance you're using a 64-bit distro?

I can't quite remember what I did, and I'm using a windows comp at the moment, however I seem to remember it would compile as a 64-bit binary, but would then freeze on character creation (however, this was happening to me before I got to the stats).

I *think* I did something like (building it from source, here)
      ./configure --CFLAGS=-m32
      make
      etc.

and it worked

However I'd expect someone else here would be able to give you better instructions on how to compile it as a 32-bit application (if you're happy to build it from source...it's not that bad, really)

...oh, and I could give you some more instructions on compiling from source on ubuntu, if you need them

Comment

• Poop Loops
        Scout
        • May 2008

Yes, I'm using 64-bit Ubuntu.

But I got it to work by using the Windows .exe with Wine instead.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎