[Poschengband 3.3.5] Removing detailed xp messages?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atopian
    Rookie
    • Nov 2014

[Poschengband 3.3.5] Removing detailed xp messages?

Hi all,

I recently compiled my own version of Poschengband 335 in order to make some tweaks for personal preference. However, along with those tweaks I now get some annoying verbose xp-gain messages every time I deal damage or kill a monster. Can anyone tell me how to deactivate this?
  • chris
    PosChengband Maintainer
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Atopian
    Hi all,

I recently compiled my own version of Poschengband 335 in order to make some tweaks for personal preference. However, along with those tweaks I now get some annoying verbose xp-gain messages every time I deal damage or kill a monster. Can anyone tell me how to deactivate this?
    You built the DEBUG version. Simply build the release target instead.

Comment

• clouded
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2012

Alternatively, edit the function in src/xtra2, it's at line 2445:

Code:
      #ifdef _DEBUG        
              msg_format(
                  "Gain %d.%2.2d XP (Max %d.%2.2d, Mon %d.%2.2d, Actual %d %u)", 
                  pexp/100, pexp%100, 
                  mexp/100, mexp%100, 
                  m_ptr->pexp/100, m_ptr->pexp%100, 
                  new_exp, new_exp_frac
              );
      #endif
      Put a /* before the #ifdef and a */ after #endif, that will comment it all out. I like to have a debug build because wizard commands are useful for testing and it takes too long for me to recompile whenever I want to test something or mess around. However, if you are keeping your repository up to date, any time chris makes changes to xtra2 you'll have to merge or reapply your change, so unless you want debug mode it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
      Last edited by clouded; November 15, 2014, 22:45.

Comment

• Atopian
        Rookie
        • Nov 2014

Thank you for both bits of information!

While I doubt I'll have much use for debug mode, I might make that edit and keep it around just in case. I'm certainly not known for staying current, since my previous 'build' was Zangband 2.4.0c! :-S

Anyway, I'm very glad to find that there's still an active community for this variant branch, and that there's still room for Crazy Antics in roguelikes (killing Luigi with a chainsword was a definite high point :-) ).

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎