tome2-ah: integer overflow in black market?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Therem Harth
    Knight
    • Jan 2008

tome2-ah: integer overflow in black market?

Black market run by Gary Gygaz the half-troll, cap of 20,000 AU. Character is a half-elf Paladin. Trying to sell either the quarterstaff Eriril or the Spear of Orome results in a requested sale price of 1 AU. I know the black market is stingy, but that's just ridiculous.
  • AnonymousHero
    Veteran
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Therem Harth
    Black market run by Gary Gygaz the half-troll, cap of 20,000 AU. Character is a half-elf Paladin. Trying to sell either the quarterstaff Eriril or the Spear of Orome results in a requested sale price of 1 AU. I know the black market is stingy, but that's just ridiculous.
    Hah!

If you're feeling adventurous you could try setting a debugging break point in the routine which calculates the to see if you can give me clues to reproduce and/or fix it. If you can do this in a fresh game with debug commands (i.e. to spawn the spear), then I'd appreciate if you let me know.

(Btw, I'm among one the people who hate CHA in computer-driven RPGs, so I think I'm going to remove it... which might in turn fix this issue.)

Comment

• Therem Harth
      Knight
      • Jan 2008

Thanks. I lost the character this happened for, but I'll see if I can reproduce it. You know which files/functions are involved or is that up to me?

Comment

• AnonymousHero
        Veteran
        • Jun 2007

Thanks. I lost the character this happened for, but I'll see if I can reproduce it. You know which files/functions are involved or is that up to me?
        (Depending on which branch you're in, files might be named *.c or *.cc. The latter is the more recent code.)

I think store.cc might be the initial place to look. I can't recall exactly what/where the pricing routine is, but it's got to be called from store.cc .

Comment

• Therem Harth
          Knight
          • Jan 2008

Okay, this was the master version so it's still store.c.

Maybe I should first see if it's reproducible in the C++ branch?

Comment

• AnonymousHero
            Veteran
            • Jun 2007

Okay, this was the master version so it's still store.c.

Maybe I should first see if it's reproducible in the C++ branch?
            It probably is (not much change around this kind of thing), but confirmation would be good.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎