X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhegler
    Swordsman
    • Sep 2009

Another old ToME 2.3.5 question

So, I get the boots of Gimli, which say it grants me the power of magic map when worn... But I can't activate it... And I hit "m" for powers, but that won't let me do it either. I thought there was a key that I could hit to activate a power, but I can't find it... Any help?
  • Therem Harth
    Knight
    • Jan 2008

Use the 'U' key.

Comment

• dhegler
      Swordsman
      • Sep 2009

Ahhhhh, much better.

Now, when I get the Black Breath in a dungeon, what do I do? I have 6 sprigs of Athelas in my home in Bree, and I think I can go to in Gondolin, but do I have a limited time to get there?

Comment

• Therem Harth
        Knight
        • Jan 2008

Nope, no time limit. But the Black Breath will weaken your character rather fast, unless they're a hobbit. It can be dangerous if you get in a bad situation.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

The Black Breath is a status ailment that periodically does nasty stuff to you. Best advice is to immediately recall and find your closest source of Athelas or Herbal Healing (which is a town service that also cures the Black Breath).

When you get Athelas, it can be worth storing a sprig in each home so you don't have to worry about your recall position. Overland travel while afflicted can cause a lot of damage very quickly.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

If players, like myself sometimes, have no patience, you can consider putting on equipment that sustain your stats, until you have access to the Sprigs of Athelas. IIRC, there's a service in Gondolin called Herbal Healing that "cures" Black Breath?
            My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• dhegler
              Swordsman
              • Sep 2009

Awesome help - thanks. I never played ToME much like I did Angband, but I remember from the books that being touched by a Ringwraith was as good as death unless treated quickly...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎