Sangband console look for other variants?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leithreas
    Rookie
    • Oct 2013

Sangband console look for other variants?

I love Sangband's console look - the tiles are nice, but I grew up with Angband and anything other than moving an @ around looks weird to me, I guess. But the changes they (he? she?) made to the traditional look are fantastic and just enough change that my hindbrain can handle it.

So I'm wondering if I can transfer the lovely changes they made to the console look to other variants somehow (Z+angband? Oangband?) Will it work with some but not others? Any guidance (or just a no) would be very helpful!
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Leithreas
    I love Sangband's console look - the tiles are nice, but I grew up with Angband and anything other than moving an @ around looks weird to me, I guess. But the changes they (he? she?) made to the traditional look are fantastic and just enough change that my hindbrain can handle it.

So I'm wondering if I can transfer the lovely changes they made to the console look to other variants somehow (Z+angband? Oangband?) Will it work with some but not others? Any guidance (or just a no) would be very helpful!
    I've always wanted to do this too - I also love these pseudo-tiles. I'm sure it is possible, but I don't really know where to start, as I've never been any good with the display code ...
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎