X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xxitheworld
    Rookie
    • Feb 2008

Greater Hell-Beast

Am I the only one who thinks greater hell-beast is just annoyance and it should be removed?

I just got an early mage killed running away from it (There was an insect swarm besides and it hit me repeatedly while I was holding the arrow)
  • Big Al
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

I believe that there's an option for "no silly monsters" or something like that that will get rid of them.

Also, that's why you shouldn't hold down keys repeatedly.
    Come play Metroplexity!
    Un, V MX H- D c-- f- PV s- d+ P++ M+
    c-- S I++ So+ B+ ac- !GHB SQ RQ+ V+

Comment

• Anne
      Adept
      • Feb 2008

Yup, Big Al's right. At least in Zangband, there is. Not sure if he exists in any other variants. I left my option on, but whenever I saw him on the level, I headed to another one. He really is a pain in the patoot.

Comment

• xxitheworld
        Rookie
        • Feb 2008

Actually, I like monsters like goomba and stuff like that, and I wouldn't want to get rid of em (by de-activating joke monsters), it really is just greater hell-beast that I hate

Comment

• will_asher
          DaJAngband Maintainer
          • Apr 2007

you can also go into the lib/edit directory and go into the monster.txt file and find the entry for greater hell beast and either remove it or make it easy to kill.
          At least you should be able to do that, not sure if it's still that simple for Zangband.
          (note: removing it might break or make some messiness in your old savefiles, so it might be better to turn it into another monster of your invention.)
          Will_Asher
          aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
          http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎