X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seany C
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

Quickband -where to get it?

Just realised that I forgot to transfer Quickband when I got my new PC and the Oook link goes to a 'suspended account' webpage. Anyone got a link to a downloadable version?

Ta,

Seany
  • Antoine
    Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Seany C
    Just realised that I forgot to transfer Quickband when I got my new PC and the Oook link goes to a 'suspended account' webpage. Anyone got a link to a downloadable version?

Ta,

Seany
    Uh, my download site's crashed. I keep meaning to get a new download area at oook, it's just a matter of getting round to it. Email me at antoine dot from dot rgrd at gmail dot com and I'll flick you a copy.

A.
    Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/

Comment

• Seany C
      Swordsman
      • Apr 2007

Ta, Antoine - just sent off a begging letter to you...

Comment

• pav
        Administrator
        • Apr 2007

http://angband.oook.cz/quickband/
        See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz

Comment

• Antoine
          Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pav
          Hi Seany, yes as noted above Quick is now hosted at oook, courtesy of Pav.

Have you tried Ironband? I think it's more fun...

A.
          Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/

Comment

• Seany C
            Swordsman
            • Apr 2007

Thanks, Antoine - got it now.

I've been meaning to try Ironband for a bit (ironically, it'll be the closest to V that I've been to for years) but I fancied a quick'n'dirty challenge first. However, I have to admit failing to get past CL10 with a Quick character yet - diving at the rate suggested by the level messages nearly always results in me ending up with a Mage/Priest at about CL8 and dying miserably to a baby dragon or row of orcs at DL3 or 4 - and not even close to being able to hold my own...

As for Iron, one of these days - but I've still got current chars in FAA and ToME to finish off, with Un, Steam and the new V on the to-do list...

Comment

• Pete Mack
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Seany C
              Thanks, Antoine - got it now.

I've been meaning to try Ironband for a bit (ironically, it'll be the closest to V that I've been to for years) but I fancied a quick'n'dirty challenge first. However, I have to admit failing to get past CL10 with a Quick character yet - diving at the rate suggested by the level messages nearly always results in me ending up with a Mage/Priest at about CL8 and dying miserably to a baby dragon or row of orcs at DL3 or 4 - and not even close to being able to hold my own...

As for Iron, one of these days - but I've still got current chars in FAA and ToME to finish off, with Un, Steam and the new V on the to-do list...
              Quickband is not balanced for a Mage--Saruman is just too dangerous with a Mage's HP. A priest, OTOH, has no trouble at all vs Saruman, but does struggle for the early character levels. Do keep in mind that breath damage is attenuated, so if you fight from a long distance, dragons are not much risk.

Rogue is also a good choice for diving, because he can level up fast by playing games with traps vs Hounds.

Comment

• Seany C
                Swordsman
                • Apr 2007

Of course - it's NPP-based. I'd completely forgotten about breath attenuation.

Hmm, I'm not a big fan of traps in other variants using them (mainly because I'm a lazy so-and-so) but a high-stealth character would be useful, given my recent propensity to wake things up that then promptly kill me...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎