• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antoine
    Ironband/Quickband Maintainer
    • Nov 2007

Quickband bugfix release

Hi all

A bugfix version of Quickband 2.0.3 is now available at oook. If you are playing 2.0.3 I recommend you upgrade to the new version now.

As well as bugfixes, I sneaked in some gameplay changes (generally making the game harder):
    - Teleport Other is now a bolt not a beam
    - When a monster attacks you, it is likely to wake up any nearby sleeping monsters
    - Summoners now like to begin hostilities with a summoning spell
    - If you are heavily poisoned, you can lose multiple HP per turn (but the poison wears off faster)
    - Branded ammunition are likely to be destroyed on use ("The arrow burns up!")

Enjoy
    A.

P.S. On Windows, a player can now begin the game by pressing N or O instead of using the menu. That's been annoying me for years. Thanks Ido
    Ironband - http://angband.oook.cz/ironband/
  • Napsterbater
    Adept
    • Jun 2009

Tried reading a Scroll of Tlev in ironman mode, nothing happened.

You may also want to make Curious spirit levels not happen in ironman, that was the kiss of death for my last Maia Mage. Couldn't go back up the stairs, my tlev didn't work.

I'll probably just nuke their confusion touch in monster.txt.
    This thread, it needs more rage. -- Napstopher Walken

Comment

• Antoine
      • Nov 2007

> Tried reading a Scroll of Tlev in ironman mode, nothing happened.

This is intentional.

> You may also want to make Curious spirit levels not happen in ironman, that was the kiss of death for my last Maia Mage.

Fair call. I may do something a bit more cunning, like making the Curious Spirit lose 1 HP every time it hits you. Then you'll get (badly) confused, but not perma-confusion-locked-to-frustrating-death.

I'll be pretty amazed if you actually manage to win with a Maiar.

A.

Comment

• Napsterbater
        Adept
        • Jun 2009

Well, the real problem with the Curious Spirit is that I can't kill them while they're in walls. Otherwise I could hit them all with magic missile/area of effect spells. Giving Maiar pConf at a certain clev also makes sense from a flavor standpoint.
        This thread, it needs more rage. -- Napstopher Walken

Comment

• Antoine
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Napsterbater
          Well, the real problem with the Curious Spirit is that I can't kill them while they're in walls. Otherwise I could hit them all with magic missile/area of effect spells. Giving Maiar pConf at a certain clev also makes sense from a flavor standpoint.
          It's probably worth implementing a fix that helps all races - I imagine an Elf Sage with disconnected stairs could also find Curious Spirits vexatious.

A.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡