X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kellin
    Rookie
    • Dec 2007

Unangband -- Redhorn Pass help...

Anyone know how the heck you get out of the redhorn pass? Im at what appears to be the top level, and "<" doesnt let me go anywhere, just tells me "I see no up staircase here". I think im screwed.. and this is my best character yet
  • Bandobras
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

What version is this? Compiled by you or downloaded? For which architecture? Old savefile, compo savefile, or the character started and played all the time on the same version? Could you try backing up your savefile, wiping out the game, downloading the newest version and installing from scratch? Then go down, up and watch if the regenerated level is correct. A less taxing version of the above: exit the game, remove all files in lib/data and run again.

The screenshot does not seem like the top level of Redhorn pass, though the depth is correct. How do you know this is Redhorn pass? Could you try Ctrl-t?

If you have any map, you can use it to get away. You could also try stairs down and then up and the regenerated level _might_ be correct. If everything else fails, do Ctrl-a, answer 'y', do 'j 2 0' and you will end up in Rivendell. If this is a compo character everybody will know you used debugging mode out of necessity, so no problem.

Comment

• kellin
      Rookie
      • Dec 2007

wow a response..

Very thankful for this.

pre compiled, version .062 for win32. I _think_ I had previously saved it, but Im not entirely sure. Its funny, it says "ruins" down below on the screen, but when I load the save file, it says redhorn pass, and if I do a "C" to get to the character page, it says "Redhorn pass", as well as when i loaded the save file. Ctrl-T is set for "tunnelling" so it doesnt do anything.

I'd killed the orc on the level to allow me to leave, supposedly.. and there was this random door not attached to a building that I could go in and out of and it lead to a store room I could get stuff from, and it would renew each time. Oh, and I _had_ a copy of the map to moria when i was in there, but I didnt realize using fire bolt in the forest would set the place ablaze and I walked into a space with fire and it burned up

Comment

• kellin
        Rookie
        • Dec 2007

woohoo!

Forgot to mention one detail, I had tried going up and down the stairs a few times but it didnt seem to fix it.. but your suggestion of deleting the files in lib/data seems to have solved the problem, because as soon as I went downstairs, instead of it being another forest level, it was a dungeon level. Havent gone back up yet to verify it, but it looks a lot more normal now.

Comment

• Bandobras
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kellin
          Very thankful for this.
          You are welcome. Thanks for reporting the problem. If removing lib/data/* helps, this is most probably a problem with corrupted files. Whether caused by Un or by your computer is hard to say. Please keep us informed.

pre compiled, version .062 for win32.
          wip7? wip7a? wip7c? What was the name of the archive? If not wip7c, download, backup, wipe and install the newest version.

Its funny, it says "ruins" down below on the screen, but when I load the save file, it says redhorn pass, and if I do a "C" to get to the character page, it says "Redhorn pass", as well as when i loaded the save file.
          "Ruins" is OK, it says it's a surface level, but no town.

Ctrl-T is set for "tunnelling" so it doesnt do anything.
          Oh, yes, with roguelike keys it's " ' ".

I'd killed the orc on the level to allow me to leave, supposedly..
          So the level was broken, but the guardian was there...

and there was this random door not attached to a building that I could go in and out of and it lead to a store room I could get stuff from, and it would renew each time.
          That's crazy. No such rooms in Un any more.

Oh, and I _had_ a copy of the map to moria when i was in there, but I didnt realize using fire bolt in the forest would set the place ablaze and I walked into a space with fire and it burned up
          Happens to young wizards.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍