• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will_asher
    DaJAngband Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Announce DaJAngband 1.3.0 released

This release fixes the following bugs:
    - fixed bug: mist of amnesia spell can put monsters to sleep instead of just making them unaware of the PC.
    - fixed bug: disguised multi-hued poison potion gives itself away on (i)nspection.
    - fixed bug: graphic for PC doesn't work (reverts to default) for certain races/classes (any race or class that has a space in its name)
    - fixed bug: squelch "all cursed except egos" squelches fumbling freely which isn't cursed (but has negative pval)
    - fixed bug: some things about thrown weapons not working correctly, esp. weapons that are supposed to return don't return
    - Fixed a minor exploit: Before you could just throw cursed ammo and throwing weapons from the quiver to get rid of them. Now they aren't gotten rid of as easily: Cursed items thrown from the quiver now return to your quiver unless you actually use them against a monster.
    - fixed bug having to do with (un)stacking items enhanced by the alchemist's enhance wand spell.
    - fixed a bug which often placed demons on innapropriate themed levels
    some other minor bugs which I found & fixed and forgot to make a note of.

The complete change list for this version is very long (available here). These are the more notable changes:

Interface:
    - The origin of items is now tracked and listed in the (I) description. (The game only tracks the origin of artifacts, egos, chests, treasure maps, and maybe a couple other item types I don't remember offhand.)
    - EDIT: see bottom of message.

Dungeon Feature changes:
    - Medium vaults added.
    - Cavern levels added & tweaked to fit DaJAngband. Certain themed level types are more likely to be cavern levels.
    - Some new pit/nest types added

Object & Trap changes:
    - Artifacts more likely to appear in vaults, special chests, or dropped by uniques than otherwise
    - A couple new traps have been added.
    - Staff/rod of curing now additionally gives very short lasting resistance to blindness and confusion (staff always does, rod has about a 1/3 chance)
    - Ego grenades and ego DSMs have been added (EGO DSMs are rarer and less powerful than the ones in V3.2 -no DSMs 'of speed' or 'resistance'). A few ego types now have a (soft cap) max depth.

Player class & combat changes:
    - Thieves' innate speed bonus now only applies to movement and some other actions (but not combat or spellcasting). In the future I plan for some objects to have a 'movement speed' bonus which works like this.
    - Significant tweaks to tourist and rogue spell lists (chance realm: boomerang throw, teleport control)
    - There is now a penalty for firing range weapons at melee range or near maximum range. Also some launchers have shortened range.
    - Armor doesn't protect (much) against GAZE, WAIL, or INSULT attacks.
    - More changes to the alchemy magic realm including a craft grenade spell.

Monster Stuff:
    - SMART monsters only have a ~50% chance of choosing a spell as if AI_SMART was on (used to be always).
    - Certain monster spells are allowed as noncombat spells. Normally they are spells a monster can cast while not yet aware of the PC, but monsters are also limited to noncombat spells whenever the PC is outside of its racial spell range (but within MAX_RANGE which is 20 spaces), or when the PC is out of its line of sight.
    - Monster size implemented, one effect being that monsters size 6 or bigger (hydras and most giants are size 6) effectively have no stealth when they are in your line of sight (their stealth value only affects how often you hear them and how easily they are detected by magic).
    - Monster resistance levels: monsters can now be a little resistant, a lot resistant, immune, or especially vulnerable to most elements. Some monsters (skeletons, creeping coins, etc) have resistance to missile weapon damage (but nothing is completely immune to missile weapon damage).
    - Some monsters (not many) have a maximum populaion now, which means if you kill enough of them they are extinct and no more will be generated that game. A few uniques have a maximum population of 1, but no longer have the UNIQUE flag (the UNIQUE flag has several other effects including making the monster less likely to be affected by spell effects). I call these 'minor uniques'.
    - Small flying monsters can fly past other monsters as if they had MOVE_BODY.
    - Townspeople never disturb when they are unaware of the PC. Also, town monsters now never disturb with movement if you are at least clevel 20.
    - There are now two different types of 'hit to blind' attacks. Some monsters which hit to blind using their claws (black stalker cat, hobs) or beak (raven, vrock) are not resisted as well by Rblind. (Rblind gives 100% resistance to normal hit to blind, Rblind adds 35+(level/2) to save vs 'poke your eyes to blind' and the rest of the save is based on DEX.)
    - Spell range: Most monsters have a shorter (only slighter shorter in most cases) range in which their spells can affect you. The same is true for PC spells, range for most spells is dependant on character level and has maximum range (20 spaces) if you're level 50, but a few spells max out at a shorter range (will say so in the spell description).
    - Hallucenation has been revamped
    - A couple new monsters added (as usual).

Minor Tweaks:
    - DRAIN_MANA monster spell is a little stronger
    - PC class affects social class
    - gold drops have been toned down (very slightly)
    - staff of zapping is more effective now.
    - effectiveness of jamming doors has been tweaked (improved) again.

Download here.
    EDIT: Download updated 4/5/11 1am Texas time with one more minor bugfix.
    DaJAngband website is in my sig as always.

PS: I included a savefile with the game download to get your monster memory started (though it isn't much since my recent games haven't gotten very far).

EDIT: There's an interface thing I forgot to mention in this changelist: In the object knowledge menu, all the object types you've ever seen using that savefile are listed, but only the ones which you've seen that game show the symbol for the object. This way you can track which object types you've seen that game. (It only does this for magic items, not weapons or armor)
    Last edited by will_asher; April 12, 2011, 19:04.
    Will_Asher
    aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
    http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
  • will_asher
    DaJAngband Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Announce DaJAngband 1.3.1 released (that was quick)

Wanted to add my few recent changes to DaJAngband before the comp so here's v1.3.1.

Download here.

Changes since 1.3.0:
    - meteor swarm spell no longer destroys objects, and has a chance for each meteor being a radius 2 ball (instead of radius 1) at very high character levels.
    - no_stores ironman option no longer closes the home
    - fixed a minor bug which made the alchemist's enhance wand spell slightly weaker
    - earlier cavern levels have a chance to be lit
    - now up to 3 rooms may appear on cavern levels (3 is rare) (not all cavern levels get room(s)).
    - new wizard mode command: ^a then 'J' jump to any level with a mod: can force a cavern level, seek vault, or themed level. (lowercase 'j' is still the normal jump to any level wizmode command). I added this because I use wizard mode a lot for testing.
    - a couple other very small tweaks

EDIT: Download updated 1AM 4/13/11 with another minor bugfix.
    Last edited by will_asher; April 13, 2011, 07:32.
    Will_Asher
    aka LibraryAdventurer

http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• SaThaRiel
      Adept
      • Nov 2009

Code:
      gcc (GCC) 4.5.2 20110127 (prerelease)
      Except of lots of warnings, i am not able to build it with ArchLinux
      Code:
      gcc -Wall -O2 -Wno-unused-parameter -DUSE_X11 -DUSE_GCU -DUSE_CURSES  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -o main-gtk.o -c main-gtk.c
      gcc -Wall -O2 -Wno-unused-parameter -DUSE_X11 -DUSE_GCU -DUSE_CURSES  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -o dajangband birth.o cave.o cmd0.o cmd1.o cmd2.o cmd3.o cmd4.o cmd5.o cmd6.o dungeon.o files.o generate.o init1.o init2.o load.o melee1.o melee2.o monster1.o monster2.o obj-info.o object1.o object2.o randart.o randname.o pathfind.o signals.o save.o spells1.o spells2.o spells3.o squelch.o store.o tables.o ui.o use-obj.o util.o variable.o wizard1.o wizard2.o x-spell.o xtra1.o xtra2.o z-file.o z-form.o z-rand.o z-term.o z-type.o z-util.o z-virt.o main.o main-gcu.o main-sdl.o snd-sdl.o maid-x11.o main-x11.o main-xaw.o main-gtk.o  -lX11 -lcurses
      generate.o: In function `build_color_point':
      generate.c:(.text+0xcdd0): undefined reference to `q_new'
      generate.c:(.text+0xce13): undefined reference to `q_push'
      generate.c:(.text+0xce3a): undefined reference to `q_len'
      generate.c:(.text+0xce50): undefined reference to `q_pop'
      generate.c:(.text+0xcf2e): undefined reference to `q_push'
      generate.o: In function `join_region':
      generate.c:(.text+0xd1a6): undefined reference to `q_new'
      generate.c:(.text+0xd206): undefined reference to `q_push'
      generate.c:(.text+0xd242): undefined reference to `q_len'
      generate.c:(.text+0xd258): undefined reference to `q_pop'
      generate.c:(.text+0xd30c): undefined reference to `q_push'
      generate.o: In function `build_color_point':
      generate.c:(.text+0xcf54): undefined reference to `q_free'
      generate.o: In function `join_region':
      generate.c:(.text+0xd333): undefined reference to `q_free'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make: *** [dajangband] Error 1
      Is there a fix? Had this with 1.3.0 before but sadly not the concentration to follow it.
      Proud candidate for the Angband Darwin Award!

Comment

• will_asher
        DaJAngband Maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Have you tried compiling a nightly from vanilla since caverns were put in? All of those errors are from the cavern code which was taken from vanilla. Maybe one of the V devteam can help. I know nothing about Linux.
        Will_Asher
        aka LibraryAdventurer

Comment

• SaThaRiel
          Adept
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by will_asher
          Have you tried compiling a nightly from vanilla since caverns were put in? All of those errors are from the cavern code which was taken from vanilla. Maybe one of the V devteam can help. I know nothing about Linux.
          V just compiles fine, but im using autogen.sh and configure to prepare the build. Maybe its just a missing lib.

Comment

• myshkin
            Angband Devteam member
            • Apr 2007

Have you run make clean since you updated your source code?

Comment

• SaThaRiel
              Adept
              • Nov 2009

I'm doing a make clean...here are the steps i do for building:
              Code:
              # Change the standard build parameters
                sed -e 's/SYS_gcu\ \=\ \-DUSE_GCU\ \-DUSE_NCURSES\ \-lncurses/SYS_gcu\ \=\ \-DUSE_GCU\ \-DUSE_CURSES\ \-lcurses/g' Makefile.std > Makefile.tmp
              # Change the file of the executable
                sed -e 's/EXE\ \=\ angband/EXE\ \=\ dajangband/' Makefile.tmp > Makefile
              # Fix the lib path to be in a good location
                mv config.h config.h.org
                sed -e 's/\#\ define\ DEFAULT_PATH\ \"\.\/lib\/\"/\#\ define\ DEFAULT_PATH\ \"\/usr\/lib\/dajangband\/\"/' config.h.org > config.h
              # get rid of the comment in comment warnings from gcc
                mv defines.h defines.h.org
                sed -e '/^\/\*.*\/\*.*/d' defines.h.org > defines.h

# start the build and install
                make clean
                make || return 1
                install -d "$pkgdir/usr/bin/" || return 1
                install -d "$pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname" || return 1
                cp -p ../$pkgname "$pkgdir/usr/bin/" || return 1
                cp -rp ../lib/* "$pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/" || return 1
                chown -R root:games "$pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/"
                chmod 775 "$pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/apex"
                chmod 775 "$pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/save"
                chmod 775 "$pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/data"
                find $pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/ -name delete.me -exec rm {} \;
                find $pkgdir/usr/lib/$pkgname/ -name 'Makefile*' -exec rm {} \;
              This will build a package which then will install under /usr/bin and /usr/lib/dajangband instead of ./
              Also if i build it directly after unpacking it will throw these errors after copying Makefile.std to Makefile.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎