X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • APWhite
    Adept
    • Jul 2007

Z240 slight rant

I love to play Z240. I love the quests. I love the extra towns. I love the race options. I love the experience.

In the same breath, there are a few things that just drive me batty and ruin the game for me. Today I encountered a few of those things. I try to be a purest and I leave the game intact. That way, if I ever when the game, I can claim a legitimate bragging right.

First, those cyan colored 'v'. They have massive HP, summon lots of other v, who inturn summon yet more v. And to boot, they are immune to many forms of attack and get PASS_WALL. And the best part... you can find them at depth 40. What a crock. If I ever edit the r_info.txt file, these are the first to go.
    Code:
    N:682:Lloigor
    G:v:B
    I:120:70d15:20:50:20
    W:44:2:0:6000
    B:ENGULF:LOSE_CON:4d10
    F:FORCE_SLEEP | ELDRITCH_HORROR | PASS_WALL | FORCE_MAXHP |
    F:INVISIBLE | DROP_2D2 | DROP_4D2 | CAN_FLY | EVIL |
    F:OPEN_DOOR | BASH_DOOR | MOVE_BODY | POWERFUL | NONLIVING |
    F:SMART | IM_FIRE | IM_COLD | IM_ELEC | IM_ACID | IM_POIS
    S:1_IN_4 | 
    S:BR_WALL | TELE_AWAY | BR_GRAV |
    S:S_KIN | MIND_BLAST | BLIND | BLINK
    D:"Invisible ones from the stars... They sometimes took forms... 
    D:but existed as vortices of power in their natural state."
    Second, I do not get XP for my pet's kills. Sucks to be a Trump guy. You can summon lots of team-mates, but when they kill something, you do not get XP.

Third, Cyberdemons. I hate those rockets. And they summon more cyberdemons.

[/rant]
    Andrew
    St George Chiropractor
    Angband Borg Homepage
  • Jude
    Adept
    • Nov 2007

You can't find r_info?

Anyway, try Z+Angband. There's a thread on it that I've been posting in a bunch, it's right near the top. I don't know if those blue v things are in it (haven't seen any...but I haven't been down to dlvl40 much) and I don't know if the pets-XP thing is fixed but it's better in a lot of ways. Lots of changes though - Trump was replaced with Conjuration along with a bunch of other changes to the magic system; quests were overhauled, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

• Mangojuice
      Z+Angband Maintainer
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Jude
      You can't find r_info?

Anyway, try Z+Angband. There's a thread on it that I've been posting in a bunch, it's right near the top. I don't know if those blue v things are in it (haven't seen any...but I haven't been down to dlvl40 much) and I don't know if the pets-XP thing is fixed but it's better in a lot of ways. Lots of changes though - Trump was replaced with Conjuration along with a bunch of other changes to the magic system; quests were overhauled, and a bunch of other stuff.
      In Z+ pets' kills do gain you some experience. Not as much as monsters you kill yourself (after all, it's very safe to let others do your dirty work!)

Z+ doesn't have quite the level of quests Z2.4.0 had (if I'm remembering correctly that that version used those by-hand fixed quests) but Z+'s quests are random and thus a new challenge every time.
      -----------------------------------------
      Z+Angband: A Zangband evolution
      http://tinyurl.com/5pq2bd

Comment

• ThunderToads
        Scout
        • Jun 2008

Lloigor are dangerous but they add spice. If I find them before I can deal with them I just run away. Easy come, easy go.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎