X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bostock
    Swordsman
    • Aug 2007

"Extra" Boulders in Traps

Even after all this time, I'm still not sure how "extra" boulders in traps work, that is: what makes them trigger?

By "extra" I mean the boulders that you can load in a trap in addition to its normal load.

(This is about Sangband.)
    Last edited by Bostock; November 9, 2010, 22:35. Reason: specifying variant
    So you ride yourselves over the fields and you make all your animal deals and your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Bostock
    Even after all this time, I'm still not sure how "extra" boulders in traps work, that is: what makes them trigger?

By "extra" I mean the boulders that you can load in a trap in addition to its normal load.
    I presume we're talking about Sangband. My understanding (from play, not from source-diving) is that a boulder is dropped in addition to the trap's main load going off. That means that one-shot traps can continue to function with boulders after their main payload disappears, and repeating traps (e.g. melee weapons) can add boulder damage as well.

Could be wrong though - it's a while since I tried to add boulders to other trap loads.
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• NotMorgoth
      Adept
      • Feb 2008

Hmm, when I played a burglar I never tried putting boulders in as well as other things; I assumed you could put either 1 weapon/device etc OR any number of boulders, and once I found out it wouldn't drop all the boulders at once, I stopped using them because they were so heavy.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎