X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bostock
    Swordsman
    • Aug 2007

[S] This Is Not Sparta

Anybody out there have any positive experiences with scrolls of madness? So far I have not been able to get any tactical benefit of them, but then I'm frankly not actually sure what they do - the description is not entirely helpful. Above all it seems the victims must have a corporeal mind and must lack some sort of resistance, since I tried reading one in a room full of undead and it didn't do anything.
    So you ride yourselves over the fields and you make all your animal deals and your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.
  • camlost
    Sangband 1.x Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Madness drives monsters to trust their enemy and hate their friends. Woe indeed are the deeds of the mad.
    a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
    3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

• NotMorgoth
      Adept
      • Feb 2008

Could you give a similarly cryptic hint on what the necromancer spell "The Overmind" is supposed to do.

I've tried casting it in the presence of many different monsters, both strong and weak, and aside from "Mind-warping forces emanate from you brain" or something similar, nothing seems to happen, not even "the monster resists" etc.

Comment

• Therem Harth
        Knight
        • Jan 2008

I believe it would be mindblasting nearby monsters then. Should produce some response though. "Foo grunts with pain" or somesuch.

Comment

• camlost
          Sangband 1.x Maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by NotMorgoth
          Could you give a similarly cryptic hint on what the necromancer spell "The Overmind" is supposed to do.

I've tried casting it in the presence of many different monsters, both strong and weak, and aside from "Mind-warping forces emanate from you brain" or something similar, nothing seems to happen, not even "the monster resists" etc.
          The overmind smashes the brains of all monsters in sight, causing them to stumble around slowly without focus, driving some to madness, others to fear.

P.S. the reason it was doing nothing was a bug. See this bug, just reported and just fixed.
          a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
          3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡