X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bostock
    Swordsman
    • Aug 2007

Unangband - No Macros?

I went to compose a macro in Unangband and discovered that the @ key doesn't do it, and no other keybinding for it is listed in the command help. Are macros temporarily not provided in Unangband? Permanently?

Bostock
    So you ride yourselves over the fields and you make all your animal deals and your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.
  • Derakon
    Prophet
    • Dec 2009

Try the = options screen. Vanilla moved them there awhile back; it's possible Un did too.

Comment

• andrewdoull
      Unangband maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Bostock
      I went to compose a macro in Unangband and discovered that the @ key doesn't do it, and no other keybinding for it is listed in the command help. Are macros temporarily not provided in Unangband? Permanently?

Bostock
      That's not the intention - I suspect Derakon's pointing you to the right place.

Andrew
      The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
      In UnAngband, the level dives you.
      ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
      Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com

Comment

• Bostock
        Swordsman
        • Aug 2007

That's great to hear. (I got misled by the '@' convention for macros in ToME/Sangband.) Thanks!

Bostock
        So you ride yourselves over the fields and you make all your animal deals and your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

It used to be a convention in Vanilla too, going back as far as when macros were first added. I guess they were moved so they'd be more discoverable, since most players will change the options at some point.

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Also, there's no reason to waste valuable keyboard real estate for uncommon events.
            The remaining meta-commands (that I know of) are '^p', '=', '/', '?', ':', ')', and [~|]

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎