X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seriyu
    Rookie
    • Aug 2010

Question about Sangband.

Okay, I did a search (forgot about it until after I posted the thread naturally), and it says you need to alter config.txt, and while config.txt has been generated there... isn't anything in it.

So would I just add display mode=2 to the config file, or what?
    Last edited by Seriyu; August 28, 2010, 00:12.
  • camlost
    Sangband 1.x Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Seriyu
    I'm trying to set the game to windowed, and it's not going for it. I've set it to both windowed, full map, and windowed with sub windows but nothing. I've saved user preferences for both of those, nothing. I've restarted when trying all of the previous things and, again, nothing.

How do I get Sangband to work windowed? I'm on vista if it matters.

And sorry if I was supposed to post this in the main Sangband thread or what, but the last post was two years ago, and I figured I'd err on the side of caution.
    I don't have any trouble generating a "windowed mode", but it's not really like a normal windowed mode. It doesn't have subwindows like most angband variants; it looks more or less like the fullscreen mode, but it's got a (non-resizeable) window border. What exactly are you looking for? Some quick changes to config.txt (ScreenWid, ScreenHgt) will make your overall window smaller.

Last edited by camlost; August 28, 2010, 00:32.
    a chunk of Bronze {These look tastier than they are. !E}
    3 blank Parchments (Vellum) {No french novels please.}

Comment

• Seriyu
      Rookie
      • Aug 2010

Okay, it worked fine when I copied another person's config.txt settings in the main Sangband thread. Changed up the resolution like you said, and set the display mode to 2, and there we go.
      Last edited by Seriyu; August 28, 2010, 05:25.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎