X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Squeak
    Scout
    • Jul 2010

Dajangband bug

Was playing a hobbit mage in the last version of Dajangband. This was my most successful mage to date in any variant. Reached clevel 43 and dlevel 80. Shortly after finding Kelek's and learning mana storm I saved the game and quit. When I tried loading the game the next day it gave me the following error message:
    Loading a 3.010 savefile
    Restoring dungeon
    Cannot place monster 93
    Error reading dungeon data

Error (cannot parse savefile) reading 3.010 savefile.

...after which the game crashes.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this. I would hate saying goodbye to this character?
  • will_asher
    DaJAngband Maintainer
    • Apr 2007

I'll be starting to work on DaJAngband stuff again in slightly less than a week, and I'll look for/at this bug. If you post or email me your savefile I see if I can get it working again, but it'll probably be at least a week from now.
    Will_Asher
    aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
    http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• buzzkill
      Prophet
      • May 2008

I just stumbled across a 'sullen drunkard' on DL40. Not a bug, I suppose, but certainly unusual. How the hell did he get there? I don't believe I've ever seen townfolk deeper that DL5 or so.

Only slightly related, I feel that hostile enemies are a bit too common in town. It seems like they appear just about every time. I'd prefer they be less frequent, maybe more powerful (if balance need be maintained).
      www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
      My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• will_asher
        DaJAngband Maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Monsters native to the town never appear in the dungeon. The sullen drunkard is native to dungeon level 1, but also commonly appears in the town.

I'll think about making dungeon monsters slightly less common in the town, but only slightly because when I've played, I've never had a problem with the hostile monsters in town. They are much less common when you are just beginning the game anyway.
        Will_Asher
        aka LibraryAdventurer

http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Comment

• will_asher
          DaJAngband Maintainer
          • Apr 2007

@Squeak
          I have found and (hopefully) fixed the bug and I will release an update in the next couple days. You should (again hopefully) be able to load your saved game in this release.

EDIT: that was quick..
          Last edited by will_asher; August 19, 2010, 05:36.
          Will_Asher
          aka LibraryAdventurer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎