Clear All
  • Seany C
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

Alignment ratings (Entro, poss. Z)

>>
    You are an enemy of Valour.
    You are very virtuous in Honour.
    You have strayed from the path of Individualism.
    You have strayed from the path of Harmony.
    You are a bitter enemy of Compassion.
    You are somewhat virtuous in Temperance.
    You are somewhat virtuous in Sacrifice.
    You have sinned against Justice.
    >>

Anyone have any idea how these are calculated - and do they have any practical effect on gameplay?
  • Djabanete
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Hmm, these look familiar... ^ ^

Comment

• Matthias
      Adept
      • Apr 2007

Many thing effect those pathes, but there are way too many effects/pathes to keep track of what does what. I think it was in the spoilers, but I can't find those anywhere at the moment. The one thing I remember is that hitting asleep monsters drops several of them.

All those path desciptions can be translated into a number that can be seen if you drink !self_knowledge. For example "You are an enemy of Valour" might translate into something like a score of -57 for the path of Valour. When a certain amount of those pathes are less than zero (or maybe it was connected with the total score...) you turn into an evil character. Evil characters are attacked by otherwise friendly monsters, have a bonus for casting dark spells and maybe other things.

Imo those pathes are a nice flavour, but in most cases it is not worth to change the playstyle to get them up.

Comment

• Atriel
        Apprentice
        • Aug 2007

They do have some effects in gameplay.
        Valor affects To-Hit, so if you intend to melee, just slighty try to follow its rules or create a character without valor (if not warrior/valor enforcing class).

But the most important:

Being Good gives a bonus to cast Crusade and Life spells and a penalty to cast Death, Daemon and Nature spells.

Being Evil gives a bonus to cast Death and Daemon and penalty to cast Life, Crusade and Nature.

Being good and evil also affect the reaction of some monsters in the dungeons.

It really depends on class and if you agravate or not, but there are some virtues pretty easy to keep up (temperance (just eating tiny foods), harmony, sacrifice later) and some hard (i find Compassion impossible to raise if i am not a life caster without picking - of heal monster and healing mangy lepers ugh) so just avoid / re-create character on the start if you pick "bad" virtues if you want/need to be good or evil.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎