X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Therem Harth
    Knight
    • Jan 2008

TFork 0.1

I'm announcing it here because it's clear that it's going in a fairly different direction from ToME... Link: http://users.norwoodlight.com/danlev/tfork-0.1.1.tar.gz

EDIT: Updated to version 0.1.1, more at bottom.

This should compile on both Linux and Windows (using MinGW). Not sure about OSX.

Changes include...

- New ranged weapons to replace boomeranges: bolas, rope darts, and meteor hammers. They're quite damaging with high weaponmastery skill, but take a turn and a half to throw, which will hopefully make them more interesting tactically.

- Thaumaturgy seems - FINALLY - to be mostly fixed. Thaum spells now start out pretty low powered but become competetive with school spells. Area spells ARE still useful, but have nonetheless been nerfed quite a bit.

- Automatic monster leveling in dungeons has been removed. I'll probably remove spell-based leveling too at some point.

- Mindcraft has undergone a few changes. Some spells are more useful, others less so.

- Tactics have been removed.

- There has been major reorganizing of the various skills.

Feel free to try it out, I need testers.

UPDATE: Just updated to v0.1.1 which fixes an issue that prevented compile from finishing. Sorry about that folks.

(And FWIW I accidentally included a precompiled Linux binary in the src directory. Oops. I'm on Zenwalk 6.4 though so it may not work on a lot of systems.)
    Last edited by Therem Harth; July 3, 2010, 04:18.
  • Therem Harth
    Knight
    • Jan 2008

Okay we'll probably be looking at another update today.

- Bolas relying on weaponmastery is broken, there's effectively no reason not to give your character one, ever. They need their own skill. Which makes sense, rope darts and the like are traditionally the weapons of experts.

- I may mess around further with stat gain.

- Runecraft probably needs some attention again.

- I may add magic mapping back to Precognition to make it less annoying.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎