X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speusippus
    Rookie
    • Feb 2010

Oangband Spoilers

At the Oangband site (the one that comes up first when I google "Oangband") there's a link to some spoilers, but they don't include any information about the races and classes.

Is there online somewhere a document explaining the races and classes?

I gather there's some kind of "specialty" system in Oangband--for example, a mage can acquire a "heighten magic" specialty. Is there a spoiler document about this system as well?
  • jsv
    Scout
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Speusippus
    At the Oangband site (the one that comes up first when I google "Oangband") there's a link to some spoilers, but they don't include any information about the races and classes.

Is there online somewhere a document explaining the races and classes?

I gather there's some kind of "specialty" system in Oangband--for example, a mage can acquire a "heighten magic" specialty. Is there a spoiler document about this system as well?
    I don't think there are any spoilers for the things you're mentioned. Races, classes, speciality abilities and combat mechanics are described pretty well in the non-spoiler help files (which you can access by pressing '?'). But if you want exact numbers and formulas, you have to look at the source code.
    S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
    O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
    C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!

Comment

• Magnate
      Angband Devteam member
      • May 2007

Originally posted by jsv
      I don't think there are any spoilers for the things you're mentioned. Races, classes, speciality abilities and combat mechanics are described pretty well in the non-spoiler help files (which you can access by pressing '?'). But if you want exact numbers and formulas, you have to look at the source code.
      No, there are very very good Oangband spoilers, at oangband.com/spoilers. For example, the one on specialties is http://www.oangband.com/spoilers/spec-070.txt. There's also one on combat mechanics: http://www.oangband.com/spoilers/cmbt-070.txt. They're for 0.7.0, but things haven't changed that fundamentally (except for Unlight, I understand). There isn't much to know on races and classes, except what's in the help files - no spoilers needed.
      "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• jsv
        Scout
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Magnate
        No, there are very very good Oangband spoilers, at oangband.com/spoilers.
        Oops, I completely forgot about these spoilers. I used them in 0.6.2 times, they are excellent.

Thanks for correcting me.
        S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
        O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
        C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎