X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • getter77
    Adept
    • Dec 2009

BOSS has reincarnated with a v3.0 update

https://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=6766.0 Original post by PlunderBunny

I would like to invite you all to play beta test my new roguelike - BOSS (version 3.0). It has been in development (on and off) for almost 10 years.

BOSS was originally a variant of Moria, that I played while at University in the 1990s on the VAX/VMS mainframe. Versions have been ported to other platforms, but there has been no development for more than a decade. BOSS v3.0 is a re-write that uses some of the original data and algorithms, but has many new features. It should be a more causal experience than Moria/Angband, despite its heritage, and hopefully it distinguishes itself with its humour.

This is (hopefully) a beta in the original sense - it is feature complete, and all known bugs have been fixed.

You can download BOSS 3.0 in 64-bit versions for Windows, macOS and Linux (self-contained .net console applications):
    80.style/hash/plunderbunny/boss/introduction

I have not been able to test the Windows and Linux ARM versions. If anyone really wants a 32-bit version for Windows or Linux, I can make one.

If you have any suggestions, comments or issues, please feel free to post here or email me directly: richard.drysdall at iCloud dot com.

Thanks, and enjoy!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎